• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody running a GERST triangulated rear suspension?

I started at the lowest setting and went up from there using mopar xhd leaf springs. No complaints on street driving.

I started at the lowest setting and went up from there using mopar xhd leaf springs. No complaints on street driving.

Zack,
These look to be pretty neat. If you're a welder and understand pinion angles I guess the "no U bolt" feature is OK. I have the Cal Trac Mono Leaf springs and the Competition Engineering bars, which are basically a copy of the Cal Tracs. Very easy to adjust and work well for me. The .05 difference in 60 foot time, if indeed true, really only would matter to a dedicated race car.
I tend to agree with 66Satellite47 that the ability to make too many adjustments is probably not a good thing for most folks... AND, before I get a rash of hate mail, note I said MOST. I know there are some of us that can't stay out of the garage...lol.

I got these off my buddy that converted to 4 link (I built his Dana 60, narrowed it, welded the link tabs to the rear). I’m still messing with them as I drive on the street. I only got these cause my narrowed Dana 60 doesn’t have a provision for a pinion snubber. So I wanted something to control the axle wrap, didn’t want to run SS springs, so I got these bars.

The first run down the street was scary, I had adjusted the left side a bit more and it launched me to the left. So I readjusted, launch was AWESOME! This little A body with a stroked 472 and 4 speed is a GD ROCKET out of the hole. Scary fast!

Still working on it, just installed QA1 single adjustable shocks at all 4 corners. Can’t wait to see what it does now.

Zack,
These look to be pretty neat. If you're a welder and understand pinion angles I guess the "no U bolt" feature is OK. I have the Cal Trac Mono Leaf springs and the Competition Engineering bars, which are basically a copy of the Cal Tracs. Very easy to adjust and work well for me. The .05 difference in 60 foot time, if indeed true, really only would matter to a dedicated race car.
I tend to agree with 66Satellite47 that the ability to make too many adjustments is probably not a good thing for most folks... AND, before I get a rash of hate mail, note I said MOST. I know there are some of us that can't stay out of the garage...lol.

Hey coloradodave, your point is well taken that there are many that can find the small improvements with super adjustable options. I have also seen a number of very qualified folks chase their tail with maximum options and lose sight of the goal. I try to use KISS as much as I can, still overthink too much stuff.

Auto Transport Service
Back