• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody using 2" drop spindles?

Yes, they stiffen the rear some. The ride is not TOO stiff, but it does feel quite a bit more than stock. Depends on what you like. With Bilstein shocks it works out good for me. I would also be happy with Eaton or Summit XHD leafs and have ridden in B bodies with those - not as stiff, but ride great.
Ok thanks for the info, I quite like it when it is firm, I will ride with QA1 shocks at the rear, and QA1 coil over up front.

Ok thanks for the info, I quite like it when it is firm, I will ride with QA1 shocks at the rear, and QA1 coil over up front.
Ok .well I do have a question if I were to tub it how do the trunk hinges mount and work properly. .sorry about my ignorance on this issue.haha I just haven't seen 1 . Thanks

Ok .well I do have a question if I were to tub it how do the trunk hinges mount and work properly. .sorry about my ignorance on this issue.haha I just haven't seen 1 . Thanks
My cars usually got lift off hoods and trunk lids but were also track cars. Stock hinge springs can be modified (so I'm told) or you can go with gas charged lifts. Making mounts for them is fairly simple.

Thanks for the replies guys. There are some very informative post on here and some of the builds are amazing. Since my car isn't a real roadrunner I feel like I have a clear slate on what I can do . I am going to try and make a very cool looking cowel induction hood , some type of ground effects and a different type grille. I should be able to make the interior stand out in a good way as I have been an upholster for over twenty years. I will try to post pictures once everything gets underway . I plan on painting the car a white with ghost blue pearl and satin black accents .i am going to run some wheels with black or machined inserts since I'm not a big fan of chrome but who knows . there are so many choices. I do know that whatever wheels I do run I'm going to have plenty of sidewall on my tires

Auto Transport Service
Back