• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody using 2" drop spindles?

atrick

Local time
3:17 AM
Reaction score
Hey y'all, I'm trying to find some good info/experience for installing 2" drop spindles. Going on a 72 Charger. If anyone is running them, could you post some pictures? Info on wheel backspace and tire sizes would help also. Are the worth getting or would I still get a nice stance out of torsion bar adjustment? (Without sacrificing ride?)
Thanks for any help

Will be watching the feedback on this one as I want dropped spindles on my 69 and also interested in what the other members have found and use. Not really looking for a full 2" of drop and hoping I can used drop spindles and stronger torsion bars to find a happy medium without sacrificing the ride quality. I would almost think you would be locked into spindle manufacturer for the disc set up to match it? Thanks for posting, I have done the search and found a lot of info from past posts.

I know Mancini sells a disc conversion kit by Right Stuff detailing that comes with drop spindles. Haven't heard too many negatives on their quality. I was thinking the same thing with the heavier torsion bars. I don't want it to drag over driveway curbs but I'd like the front wheels tucked a little bit. PST sells spindles also.

I also am running the magnum force 2" drop spindles - 3000 miles, no issues. Pricey, but I think it's worth it! I'm running these with 1.00" torsion bars. I would go a least .096" T-bars if you're dropping the nose more than 1".

I'm running 28" tall 275/60/15 on 8" wheels out back with 215/70/15 on 6" wheels with 11.75" discs up front. Backspace is 3.5". No issues. I also have Hotckhis rear leafs that drop the back by 1". I'm thinking of installing 1/2"-1" lowering blocks at the leafs so I can get the front down to the top of my tire and still maintain a max 1" rake.

Thanks for the info 68sport. That's the kind of stuff I was looking for. Any pictures?

I have the 2 in drop spindles on my 68 charger from PST along with their disc brake conversion kit. I had to do some minor clearancing work in the caliper brackets to get them to mount correctly. Also the splash shields are a no go which is fine with me. Brake hoses are designed for front mount calipers but I had to mount them in the rear for the sway bar tabs. I am running 245/45-17 on the front with a 4.5 backspace and the car sits real nice in my opinion. As with any aftermarket upgrade you must double, even triple check, everything before you buy and then along the way and be ready to re engineer stuff as needed to make it work.

I put MF 2" drops with 1" bars on this 72. We're pretty happy with it. Wheel is a 18x7 w/ 4.5" bs. Used the factory disc and the backing plate won't fit back on. Their spindle nut and washer were a joke so reused the originals. The ride is nice with the 1" bars.

Attachments

• 20150204_123802.jpg
    20150204_123802.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 800
I put MF 2" drops with 1" bars on this 72. We're pretty happy with it. Wheel is a 18x7 w/ 4.5" bs. Used the factory disc and the backing plate won't fit back on. Their spindle nut and washer were a joke so reused the originals. The ride is nice with the 1" bars.

Your car looks awesome! great stance and wheels!
Pat

Did you also lower your torsion bars along with the 2" drops?

I also am running the magnum force 2" drop spindles - 3000 miles, no issues. Pricey, but I think it's worth it! I'm running these with 1.00" torsion bars. I would go a least .096" T-bars if you're dropping the nose more than 1".

Any pictures?

I know Mancini sells a disc conversion kit by Right Stuff detailing that comes with drop spindles. Haven't heard too many negatives on their quality. I was thinking the same thing with the heavier torsion bars. I don't want it to drag over driveway curbs but I'd like the front wheels tucked a little bit. PST sells spindles also.

Yep they have multiple full kits stock height & 2" drop spindles,
power or manual, pretty reasonably priced too,
not the biggest & baddest, big rotors etc. but decent kits,
with 2" lowering spindles for that price...

http://www.manciniracing.com/madiconobo2d1.html

I was thinking about those leafs too, are they stiffening the rear end? Is it a good investment? :)

Yes, they stiffen the rear some. The ride is not TOO stiff, but it does feel quite a bit more than stock. Depends on what you like. With Bilstein shocks it works out good for me. I would also be happy with Eaton or Summit XHD leafs and have ridden in B bodies with those - not as stiff, but ride great.

ive had 2' drop spindles on for 5 years, there fatman fabrication ones, no one made any back then ,, there sweet

2" Magnum Force, 1.14" torsion bars, 1 3/8 Hotchkiss sway bar. Good and stable at 150# mph.

235/45R17 on the front, 255/45ZR17 on the rear, both on 17x8 4.5" BS Cragar Soft 8's

13086999_1293417497354273_3469209953423873232_o.jpg

What is the ride like 67Charger? I have the 1.14" bars on my 73 currently and they are firm but not harsh in daily driving and am going to install the MF 2" drop spindles this summer. I already have the spindles, but I keep hearing there are clearance issues and the ride will be harsh. I have almost exactly the same tire sizes as you with 1 1/4" and 1" sway bars.

What is the ride like 67Charger? I have the 1.14" bars on my 73 currently and they are firm but not harsh in daily driving and am going to install the MF 2" drop spindles this summer. I already have the spindles, but I keep hearing there are clearance issues and the ride will be harsh. I have almost exactly the same tire sizes as you with 1 1/4" and 1" sway bars.
Firm, and you feel the little stuff at lower speeds, but not bad. I'd run them again. No clearance issues anywhere.

Auto Transport Service
Back