• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody using any form of mud flaps?

747mopar

Local time
8:29 AM
Reaction score
I can already hear it "mud flaps on a Charger"!!! ... bare with me. I'm currently wrapping up repairs to my damaged rear valance, in the process I fixed all of the stone chips on the lower quarters and boy were they plentiful! I drive mine a lot, not on gravel roads but I am a country boy, live on a chip and seal road and have a gravel driveway so it's inevitable that it will happen again so I'm looking for options that look decent.

1/4 mile of (steep) gravel driveway, another 1/4 mile of chip n seal county road, all maintained by me.
I feel your pain.
That said, no mud flaps will ever grace Fred's flanks because - well, he ain't a pickup truck. :)

I can say that after several years of having the GTX up here on the ridge, that there's been next to zero
damage from rocks and stones - because I'm from TN and we know how to drive on gravel, mostly.
Of course, I don't go all Dukes of Hazzard with driving on the stuff, either - might want to use flaps if
that's your desire.
With me, enthusiastic driving begins when we hit hard surface. Before that, all due respect is shown both
the gravel and the GTX (and therefore, the neighbors as well!)... as it should be.

Check out the 3-M clear wrap for your lower quarters. Have the whole setup on my truck along with the clear bra. Can't really see it unless your looking for it....

Nos vintage muscle car stainless steel splash shields 7" x 5" ebay #282027033947
I had these on my 70 charger back in the day . Fit good. Looked good, and not too big.

If only you had a roadrunner
mf.jpg

I put chrome/metal mini-flaps on my parent's '71 Road Runner (had factory G60-15 tires). They didn't cover enough area; road dust, mud, and crap got around 'em anyway and stuck on the bottom of the quarter panels. I am going to try that clear product you can spray on and peel off later.

1/4 mile of (steep) gravel driveway, another 1/4 mile of chip n seal county road, all maintained by me.
I feel your pain.
That said, no mud flaps will ever grace Fred's flanks because - well, he ain't a pickup truck. :)

I can say that after several years of having the GTX up here on the ridge, that there's been next to zero
damage from rocks and stones - because I'm from TN and we know how to drive on gravel, mostly.
Of course, I don't go all Dukes of Hazzard with driving on the stuff, either - might want to use flaps if
that's your desire.
With me, enthusiastic driving begins when we hit hard surface. Before that, all due respect is shown both
the gravel and the GTX (and therefore, the neighbors as well!)... as it should be.
I here you, I absolutely don't want them on there but your approach obviously isn't enough in my case. I idle down the driveway and take it easy if there's loose pee gravel on my road (only 1/4 mile to blacktop) but still get chips. I'm certain most of it comes from gravel wedging in my tread that doesn't come unlodged until you reach a decent speed... I can hear it. As you can see, they pick **** up easy lol.

I don't notice any in the front but I kept the tires pulled into the fenders a bit more up front, I'm pretty sure anything off of them ends up in the fender which is all rubberized spray on bed liner so no harm done.
20190623_114841.jpg

Last edited:
Check out the 3-M clear wrap for your lower quarters. Have the whole setup on my truck along with the clear bra. Can't really see it unless your looking for it....
I'll check into that, that was my original thought but didn't think it would be thick enough to absorb a rock?
Nos vintage muscle car stainless steel splash shields 7" x 5" ebay #282027033947
I had these on my 70 charger back in the day . Fit good. Looked good, and not too big.
I put chrome/metal mini-flaps on my parent's '71 Road Runner (had factory G60-15 tires). They didn't cover enough area; road dust, mud, and crap got around 'em anyway and stuck on the bottom of the quarter panels. I am going to try that clear product you can spray on and peel off later.
I want to avoid any metal ones, they look like bloody hell after taking a few rocks plus I don't want shiny... Shiny would draw attention to my mudflaps lol:lol:.

Last edited:
I can already hear it "mud flaps on a Charger"!!! ... bare with me. I'm currently wrapping up repairs to my damaged rear valance, in the process I fixed all of the stone chips on the lower quarters and boy were they plentiful! I drive mine a lot, not on gravel roads but I am a country boy, live on a chip and seal road and have a gravel driveway so it's inevitable that it will happen again so I'm looking for options that look decent.
i bought d\some frpom ebay then trased the patter onto stainless 303 stainless) now i have to get a nibbler to cut it out

Auto Transport Service
Back