• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody Using TTI Headers with a Small Block?

HawkRod

Formerly hsorman
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:38 PM
Reaction score
I am building a 340 stroker for my 1973 Road Runner. (Thread: https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopa...-hawk-rod-resurrection-roadkill-style.213411/)

My old headers (don't remember the brand), have the passenger side tubes run under the steering linkage, and it makes ground clearance suck. I'm tired of bashing them on the ground.

Supposedly TTI headers for small blocks run above the steering linkage. Is anybody using TTIs on their small block B-body? Any feedback would be appreciated (including other brands that tuck up and fit well). I want to make sure they are worth the $$$. If not, I will reuse my current headers.

Thanks in advance!

Hawk

Over the years I've installed many sets of TTI's in all types of Mopars.
They do run above the linkage and have nice ground clearance unless you lay the car way low.
This photo is of a early B with a 318. Your 73 will look much like this.
IMG_1426.jpg

Over the years I've installed many sets of TTI's in all types of Mopars.
They do run above the linkage and have nice ground clearance unless you lay the car way low.
This photo is of a early B with a 318. Your 73 will look much like this.View attachment 1127483
Thank you - perfect photo and very helpful!

I have TTI's in my 70 Road Runner, but it is a 383 car. I'm glad to see that the small block headers look like they fit nicely too without sacrificing too much ground clearance.

Thanks again!

Hawk

Hooker super comps also fit small block well and don't capture the linkage.

NOT comps, super comps.

Hooker super comps also fit small block well and don't capture the linkage.

NOT comps, super comps.
Thank you - I'll check them out - that gives me another option for headers, so I'll compare the two tomorrow.

Much appreciated!

Hawk

Auto Transport Service
Back