• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TTI headers for 66 Coronet Tribute with Hemi

dammstrate

Local time
6:57 PM
Reaction score
My 66 Hemi Coronet Tribute has a World block. Also has power steering which I know was not
available with the Hemi in 66. Anyone know if TTI headers will fit with the power steering? Stock manifolds are REALLY close to the steering gear box currently, will the headers take up more room?

Not sure if it would be relative to your car but I just put TTI 2 1/8 headers on my 69 and fitment was impressive, no problems with power steering.

My engine started out as a 90's crate motor so whatever you would call that Mopar block.

Just wanted to mention that as the #1 primary curves in and gets rather close to the block. (so if your World Block is for whatever reason a larger dimension there you may need to do some slight clearancing).

BCFpC9.jpg

Not sure if it would be relative to your car but I just put TTI 2 1/8 headers on my 69 and fitment was impressive, no problems with power steering.

My engine started out as a 90's crate motor so whatever you would call that Mopar block.

Just wanted to mention that as the #1 primary curves in and gets rather close to the block. (so if your World Block is for whatever reason a larger dimension there you may need to do some slight clearancing).

View attachment 1143438
Very impressive picture, it shows my they should work....barely, Thanks for replying!

Well OK. That's a lot of documentation, thanks for sharing. I had read and always thought there was no power breaks as the booster would not fit due to the width
of the Hemi's valve covers.

They used a booster with an offset mount. Still a royal PIA to pull valve cover or left rear plug. Flexible plug boot solved most of the plug changing issues.

P/S was available on a 66,I own a a 66 original
with P/S Hemi 4spd

Booster raised up. To remove driver's side VC take all bracket off drier's side of intake and 1,3 and 5 tubes don't to fool with them.
pbb1.jpg

If you can do it, have the engine on a stand and bolt the K frame to it so you can check for issues. Much easier to deal with that way. I used the TTI units for my combo, they make them specifically for it, but since I was using Shumacher Hemi conversion mounts on an Indy block bolted to a 70 K frame, I figured there would be some fitment issues to deal with. There were. I ordered them raw, uncoated so I could take care of problems. Good to go now.

5479EBD8-2123-4AD1-BE72-2CD7136E746D.jpeg C79EAC64-364D-4595-9F3F-8AC757CC1A87.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back