• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

anyone ever use the Edlebrock quiet flow fuel pump

jprather

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:00 PM
Reaction score
I have to replace my elec fuel pump, very noisy and pressure it all over the place, stalls out / staves for gas if i get on it.

has anyone uses this pump?? is it truly quieter?? how is quality? do they last ?
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-182051

I thought my old Mallory was loud so I tried one of these and it was worse.

oh wow ! good to know ! i dont know what to do, even thinking about going back to mechanical

i ended up getting an Aeromotive stealth fuel tank with the pump inside. Of course that started the snowball rolling with a return fuel line and ending with a Holley Sniper efi system. But hey I can't hear that pump when the engine is running now.........

yea, i dont want to go that far !

I find the Holley gear rotor pump acceptable-noise wise.
Mike

Ive had paxton, holley, mallory, and trickflow pumps. The quietest was the mallory big boy g-rotor (250gal/hr).
Just get a good pump, and turn up the radio. Fuel pump noise is reassuring to me.

the elec fuel pump thing is new to me, so i'm flying blind. all i really know is i have 3/8 line, and need around 6.5 - 7lbs of pressure, and dont want it to drown out the exhaust.

440 - some what built and a demon 850 carb - 475 +/- hp

I remain very satisfied with my Mallory 140 gear rotor pump. High output, & use 1/2" & #8 lines. It's much quieter than the old Holley Blue pump & much more reliable. But I still like being able to hear it when it's running.

Gerotor fuel pumps (mopar oil pumps are a gerotor) seem to be quieter, more efficient, and more dependable. (If its turning, and there is something to pump, its pumping, unlike a vane pump) . Whats not to like, other than the price usually being twice a vane pump.

I started out with a Mallory electric fuel pump and then went to the Edelbrock quiet flow pump. The Edelbrock fuel pump is about twice as loud as my Mallory fuel pump.

Everyone here who has a mallory pump seems to like it. Too bad they are insanely expensive now. I think i paid less than fifty bucks for my mallory 250 reman (still going strong, by the way), now it is $511 at summit. Last pump i bought was a trick flow combo, pump and regulator, works great, but probably too noisy for someone that noise bothers.

Ya, I was stunned by the price increase a few years ago. But I sure am happy with it. Bought my first 140 when they first came out '87 ish? A major improvement over my two Holley 110 Blue pumps.

I installed the 160 about a year ago to replace the Quickfuel 175 that was driving me to point of madness. Quieter, they said. Almost silent, some said. It's maybe 2 db quieter than the QF which was horrendous. Maybe I got a bad one.

Can you mount a plastic coffee can with a layer of foam rubber around it?

I have to replace my elec fuel pump, very noisy and pressure it all over the place, stalls out / staves for gas if i get on it.

has anyone uses this pump?? is it truly quieter?? how is quality? do they last ?
I use it on my car. The rotors did jam up for a little while and the pump required a tap with a wrench, hammer, whatever to go. That has since stopped and it works perfectly. I think the exhaust heat got to it. I mounted it in a rush and close to the pipe.

If you go with it, purchase the relay kit with it. It is sadly not included. Even though it did act weird for a short while, it has otherwise been just fine. It’s hard to recommend the pump because of this, but it is quite and doesn’t require a regulator. My car is a daily driver with dual exhaust using long case Dyno Max turbo mufflers. The car has the OE sound deadened removed. The pump can be heard but it is quite and in no way over powering the exhaust sound from the mufflers inside the car.

The hardest thing was to figure out where to place the pump. I’m going to move mine away from the exhaust pipe. (Again) It may be to close and the source of my past problem.

I had one, and was not impressed. I think there is better out there for less $$$.

I used to have the Mallory 250 pump, and never had a problem with it, but it was a bit noisy (but seemed quieter than the Holley pumps.)

Since converting to EFI, I really like the in-tank EFI pumps, much quieter, and with a return style system and regulator the EFI pump can be regulated down to carb fuel pressures.

Auto Transport Service
Back