• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is the best anti-EV article I have ever read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He won't have to worry. Greenland won't have an ice sheet in next 200 years if current conditions exist. His own data shows this. The spike at the end of his graph? That's in decades. Not thousands of years. It's only there the rise is at that steep of slope. And that rise is accelerating. That's what has science concerned.

Data from other disciplines shows same pattern. A spike never seen in the history of core sample and other analysis. That is occurring as we speak.

Science knows it takes earth's bio system to return CO to the earth from the atmosphere about 80 years. What's different today is man's contribution by burning of fossil fuels to where more CO is introduced at a higher rate than the planet's natural cycle rate. This can and will lead to a tipping point. Where massive about of CO (Primarily in the form of methane.) Is released by the thawing of permafrost. This causes runaway greenhouse event. This condition is easily recreated in labs. And confirmed with data modeling.

The good news? As his own graph displays, we still have time. By reducing our contributions in the next couple decades to a point where the CO cycle is stable. That's "Zero net" emissions goal. It's not the elimination. But a reduction of man's contributions by percentage.

This can be achieved. If we stay on same path of energy innovation. Thus returning to my opening statement. We have no choice. And it's over due.
CO2 is .04% of the atmosphere. It has been. Everything the human species has done since the ability to measure this has not been able to change the percentage. This is why they use PPM and "tons of emmissions" to scare people.
Water vapor is 4%. No one is losing their sh1t about water vapor. They do exactly the same thing in regards to our climate and temperature.

The glaciers are melting, and exposing trees that grew during roman times in Alaska. That's not when dinosaurs roamed the planet. Sometime after Jesus Christ died (AD vs BC) the temp got low enough the snow didn't melt all the way and it buried those trees and made a glacier. Now it is melting. They find evidence of plant life under the glacier in Greenland. It's older. Sometime in the past the planet was warm enough to grow plants on Greenland.

The end of the video sums it up best: we are basing our experiment on a few decades with a starting point of the coldest point in 8000 years.
It is a terribly designed experiment.

CO2 is .04% of the atmosphere. It has been. Everything the human species has done since the ability to measure this has not been able to change the percentage. This is why they use PPM and "tons of emmissions" to scare people.
Water vapor is 4%. No one is losing their sh1t about water vapor. They do exactly the same thing in regards to our climate and temperature.

The glaciers are melting, and exposing trees that grew during roman times in Alaska. That's not when dinosaurs roamed the planet. Sometime after Jesus Christ died (AD vs BC) the temp got low enough the snow didn't melt all the way and it buried those trees and made a glacier. Now it is melting. They find evidence of plant life under the glacier in Greenland. It's older. Sometime in the past the planet was warm enough to grow plants on Greenland.

The end of the video sums it up best: we are basing our experiment on a few decades with a starting point of the coldest point in 8000 years.
We have not been at the 400+ ppm CO level since man has walked this planet. And that number continues to accelerate. Again, we don't have to cure all at once. We just have to curb the acceleration.

I look at this like the US Debt crisis. We don't have to wipe out in a single blow. We just have to get the increases under control. And let growth take care of the balance. As with climate change concern. Just get the CO emission increase under control. And let nature take care of the balance.

And that's what being a moderate looks like. Both politically and scientifically.

Just one look at the sheer volume of emission's emitted from a single volcano eruption that the EPA would consider harmful & demand control if they could.... But they haven't found a way to control nature.. Yeah, cars produce a fraction of the emissions but since they have been able to scare the sheeple into bowing before the Lords of SCIENCE!!!! I notice the greenest part of those involved in telling us we are destroying the planet is their bank accounts...

You get Al Gore & Nancy Pelosi to take a public train instead of a private jet, get politicians to quit buying ocean front mansions with money their government pay shouldn't justify & maybe I'll believe some of the crap spewing out of the earth first crowd... But probably not...

BTW as taken from the Smithsonian EDU website.....

Overall, 49 volcanoes were in continuing eruption status as of 14 April 2023

That aught to make AOC's head explode... Thank goodness none of those volcanos are in her district or even in the continental US.....

And what we are seeing across the norther US is hazy sky caused by the smoke from forest fires in western Canada. Does anyone calculate what effect that has on the atmosphere? Of course not, because they can't regulate and tax it.

A volcano also throws tons of heavier particles into the atmosphere that actually blocks solar radiation. Nature has already had a balance. Man does not. You don't think science hasn't added natural CO emissions to the calculations? Of course they have.

In fact, man's contributions is not the primary contributer to CO releases to atmosphere. But we are the straw that's breaking the camel's back of this natural balance. And it doesn't take much.
So you're saying man kind isn't a part of nature? I guess we have to rule out all animals, and insects too then. ALL of us fart you know.....

Besides. The EV technology is impressive. And if you're at least not the least bit curious of that technology? Then I question whether you are a car guy.

I came from the Muscle car era. The hotrod crowd before me hated Muscle cars. They called them "Factory sellouts" But did we listen? Nope. Then came the tuner crowd. And us Muscle heads were "What a bunch of Jap and Euro trash garbage." Did they listen? Nope. Now it's EV. And all the gas using crowds are screaming. "Not cool. You are damaging our way of life!"

Do you think the upcoming Gen Z is going to listen? LMAO. The truth? We can co-exist. So how about we all just settle the **** down? Change is ALWAYS around the corner.

So you're saying man kind isn't a part of nature? I guess we have to rule out all animals, and insects too then. ALL of us fart you know.....

Let's cut down all the trees and all greenery ............

Besides. The EV technology is impressive. And if you're at least not the least bit curious of that technology? Then I question whether you are a car guy.

I came from the Muscle car era. The hotrod crowd before me hated Muscle cars. They called them "Factory sellouts" But did we listen? Nope. Then came the tuner crowd. And us Muscle heads were "What a bunch of Jap and Euro trash garbage." Did they listen? Nope. Now it's EV. And all the gas using crowds are screaming. "Not cool. You are damaging our way of life!"

Do you think the upcoming Gen Z is going to listen? LMAO. The truth? We can co-exist. So how about we all just settle the **** down? Change is ALWAYS around the corner.
Uh, who are you talking to? And I don't see the EV tech as being impressing. Electric motors have been around for well over 100 years.....only e-motors are being controlled by batteries which also have been around for a VERY long time. What I question is why haven't batteries become more advanced over all those years? Imo, the answer is petty obvious.

Uh, who are you talking to? And I don't see the EV tech as being impressing. Electric motors have been around for well over 100 years.....only e-motors are being controlled by batteries which also have been around for a VERY long time. What I question is why haven't batteries become more advanced over all those years? Imo, the answer is petty obvious.
This car will smoke any Stock/Super Stock competing. If that's not impressive? Then you don't do much drag racing.

s5BcyDEkZElsiA38BV3J7GDSvCyur0txlm2Vnjh9.jpeg

We have not been at the 400+ ppm CO level since man has walked this planet. And that number continues to accelerate. Again, we don't have to cure all at once. We just have to curb the acceleration.
PPM
Tons of emissions
Please take the time to write down what one PPM looks like as a %.
Then compare that to .04%.
Then consider water vapor at 4%.

You keep saying the same things the TV does. The percentage of CO2 in our atmosphere has not changed in the time we have been able to measure it. Not enough to change it from .04%. that is why they go all the way down to PPM to show what the increase is, and attribute it 100% to humans. People bring up volcanos, how about wild fires? Sure we have fires every year. but not like we have had in the last couple. In the last few years we have had 1000 year event fires, like the one in Siberia. NASA saw the smoke cloud from space.
It is hubris that makes humans think they can control nature, and it is folly to try and follow through with it.
I said in my first comment electric cars should coexist with gas cars.
Our gov't says it is not possible.
Then people show up saying we will all die if we don't adopt a fledgling technology not ready for prime time that costs an absurd amount of money, RIGHT NOW. Then laws are passed to force us to, even if that technology is completely inadequate for the situation, even if the "carbon cost" of building that new thing is grossly more then multiple lifetimes of repairs on an existing thing.
So then logical minded people show facts and TV watching people say "nuh uh" and tell us to just buy our dang EV already and sit down. There is a whole lot of money to be made in forcing people into new tech. And so a whole lot of money is spent to pick and choose data points that support the side that wants to make that money and hide the data that proves it is biased.

PPM
Tons of emissions
Please take the time to write down what one PPM looks like as a %.
Then compare that to .04%.

You keep saying the same things the TV does. The percentage of CO2 in our atmosphere has not changed in the time we have been able to measure it. Not enough to change it from .04%. that is why they go all the way down to PPM to show what the increase is, and attribute it 100% to humans. People bring up volcanos, how about wild fires? Sure we have fires every year. but not like we have had in the last couple. In the last few years we have had 1000 year event fires, like the one in Siberia. NASA saw the smoke cloud from space.
It is hubris that makes humans think they can control nature, and it is folly to try and follow through with it.
I said in my first comment electric cars should coexist with gas cars.
Our gov't says it is not possible.
Then people show up saying we will all die if we don't adopt a fledgling technology not ready for prime time that costs an absurd amount of money, RIGHT NOW. Then laws are passed to force us to, even if that technology is completely inadequate for the situation, even if the "carbon cost" of building that new thing is grossly more then multiple lifetimes of repairs on an existing thing.
So then logical minded people show facts and TV watching people say "nuh uh" and tell us to just buy our dang EV already and sit down. There is a whole lot of money to be made in forcing people into new tech. And so a whole lot of money is spent to pick and choose data points that support the side that wants to make that money and hide the data that proves it is biased.
Look it up. Current CO PPM is 50% higher than the beginning of the industrial revolution. That means it went from .03% to .04%. And the increase is accelerating. Wild fires also puts solar blocking particles other than CO2/CO3. Thus nature balancing.

The science is far past argumentative. And a waste of time.

No need to wonder about "Sometime in the past the planet was warm enough to grow plants on Greenland.", it is well documented that when Eric the Red discovered Greenland (on or about 982 A.D.) he found lush grasslands there, and founded a colony that raised dairy cattle. A second successful settlement thrived as well, until sometime after 1400 A.D. when the "little ice age" froze the oceans and killed off both colonies.

Look it up. Current CO PPM is 50% higher than the beginning of the industrial revolution. That means it went from .03% to .04%. And the increase is accelerating. Wild fires also puts solar blocking particles other than CO2/CO3. Thus nature balancing.

Your numbers are wrong. There is nothing to argue there. They are wrong. I agree, this has turned into a waste of time. You will continue to get info from the TV and "science" as it is put in front of your face on various controlled medias and choose to think you are correct.
This green nonsense is the new pandemic. The same crowd has found a new topic to "educate" us on. With "science", provided by the usual sources.

Oh and I just can't abide this anymore, CO is carbon monoxide. CO2 is what all the greenies are mad about. CO is measured in ppbv. Parts per BILLION.
Here is a map from NASA on CO:
Carbon Monoxide

you can slide the little map for the last 20 years or so to watch the cycles they observed. It's kinda neat.

There was a time when nothing in sciences was decided, in fact the very idea that anything about science is decided and not just a theory/thesis goes against science as it's been known for hundreds if not thousands of years...

In the past science was a search for information.... Now to many it's a search for money...

Last edited:

Do you still own and use your '69 Plymouth in your avatar?

This car will smoke any Stock/Super Stock competing. If that's not impressive? Then you don't do much drag racing.

View attachment 1468061
All of a sudden we're drag racing EV's?? I started drag racing in the late 60's so, I'm dumb? Please 'plaine' to me what I'm missing! Who gives a damn how fast EV cars are!! This is NOT the subject at hand! We all know how fast they are after all, an electric motor produces full torque from the time the juice is turned on. Geez man.....

All of a sudden we're drag racing EV's?? I started drag racing in the late 60's so, I'm dumb? Please 'plaine' to me what I'm missing! Who gives a damn how fast EV cars are!! This is NOT the subject at hand! We all know how fast they are after all, an electric motor produces full torque from the time the juice is turned on. Geez man.....
Yup, don't see anyone disputing the torque an electric motor can make... If you pour enough juice in it'll make lots of torque...

Let's talk about how incredibly clean mining lithium is(n't)...
Let's talk about where electricity really comes from.. (It's not the socket on your wall)
Let's talk about driving cross country and how accessible charging stations are along the way...
Yes, I know your gonna tell me it's no problem... But the reality is often those charging stations are out of order, but even if everything goes perfectly it still takes hours if not days longer to get from LA to New York with an EV than it does with a conventional vehicle...
Let's talk about the electrical infrastructure here in the US that can't support the demands that are already placed upon it... And our infrastructure is better than most countries...

I'm glad you pointed that out. Water vapor is BY FAR the most effective and potent greenhouse gas. Much more than co2 ever could be. Why don't we hear about banning clouds? What about hot water heaters? Coffee makers? Steamers? Heating water for ramen noodles?

Yup, don't see anyone disputing the torque an electric motor can make... If you pour enough juice in it'll make lots of torque...

Let's talk about how incredibly clean mining lithium is(n't)...
Let's talk about where electricity really comes from.. (It's not the socket on your wall)
Let's talk about driving cross country and how accessible charging stations are along the way...
Yes, I know your gonna tell me it's no problem... But the reality is often those charging stations are out of order, but even if everything goes perfectly it still takes hours if not days longer to get from LA to New York with an EV than it does with a conventional vehicle...
Let's talk about the electrical infrastructure here in the US that can't support the demands that are already placed upon it... And our infrastructure is better than most countries...
Yup!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back