• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone have a windoze 11 guide book they don't need anymore? The one for 'seniors' would be cool but

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:32 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Beggars can't be choosy.....and yeah, I know Youtube has vids but rather have the guide book and then fall back on a vid if needed.

When you figure out how to use W-11, call me. ....... on second thought, don't... thank you. If there's a book, W-11 for dummies, they had me in mind.

Beggars can't be choosy.....and yeah, I know Youtube has vids but rather have the guide book and then fall back on a vid if needed.
"Other stuff wanted" is the forum you need to be in. :poke::lol:

They actually make one just for you!
1698594977771.jpeg

I am a user of both Windows and Mac computers for many years. On the Windows/PC side, I had recently upgraded from an older computer to a new fast computer with Widows 11, mainly because of existing programs and data that I migrated from the older Windows machine, That migration was somewhat painful.. After using Win 11 for a while now, I hate it !!!! Buggy. and takes forever to boot up, constant updates and patches to fix vulnerability issues.
On the Mac side, I use Mac Book Pro's for my business purposes. Mainly related to capabilities for audio and video production that I do. This is based on software availability for what I need to get done. Macs are very stable, far less prone to viruses and much more straight forward, much faster boot up. I'm very close to saying good bye to PC's and anything to do with Windows operating systems forever.
Save yourself the Windows BS and get a Mac, any Mac computer. You won't regret it..

I have a W11 laptop but my youngest change some settings to "traditional" and it operates like W 10.

I am a user of both Windows and Mac computers for many years. On the Windows/PC side, I had recently upgraded from an older computer to a new fast computer with Widows 11, mainly because of existing programs and data that I migrated from the older Windows machine, That migration was somewhat painful.. After using Win 11 for a while now, I hate it !!!! Buggy. and takes forever to boot up, constant updates and patches to fix vulnerability issues.
On the Mac side, I use Mac Book Pro's for my business purposes. Mainly related to capabilities for audio and video production that I do. This is based on software availability for what I need to get done. Macs are very stable, far less prone to viruses and much more straight forward, much faster boot up. I'm very close to saying good bye to PC's and anything to do with Windows operating systems forever.
Save yourself the Windows BS and get a Mac, any Mac computer. You won't regret it..
Problem tho is that I already have a fairly new LT and really can't afford to just toss it aside....

I have a W11 laptop but my youngest change some settings to "traditional" and it operates like W 10.
Don't know how 10 operates since my old DT and LT are 7's lol Will admit though that I really miss XP-Pro!

They had only PCs when I was in college, no macs. When it was time to buy my own, everybody said I had to get a Mac because I was producing artwork. I was skeptical that Max were better thinking. If I were Gates, I wouldn't stand for people having that opinion I would improve my product.

20 years later, I'm still using a Mac, I still know very little about how it works, and knock on wood, I've never bought Norton. What's nice is I don't need to know much and when I do, I call Apple support and they walk me through my issue. They're a lot more helpful if you have AppleCare, but they don't care if you don't. I haven't since my first Mac 20 years ago. Is one operating system better than the other? I'm not the person to tell you that, I just know I don't like screwing around with computers when I'd rather be producing work.

Laptops sell easily on eBay or CL. eBay is better because the deals go through without flakes wasting your time

If your windows takes forever to boot up, something's not set up right (loading too many unneeded background programs?) or it has a slow hard drive. Mine, with a SSD, boots up and is running in under a minute. I parked my mac because it was slow and unreliable (27" imac), but to be fair it was ten years old.

If your windows takes forever to boot up, something's not set up right (loading too many unneeded background programs?) or it has a slow hard drive. Mine, with a SSD, boots up and is running in under a minute. I parked my mac because it was slow and unreliable (27" imac), but to be fair it was ten years old.
No problem booting up as it's fairly new.....and I know about an old. I'm still using and old LT that's out in the shop and still running 7 and is who knows how old it is. I bought this old LT used about 10 years ago and man, it doesn't like being rebooted these days and I don't have that much stuff on it lol

Don't know how 10 operates since my old DT and LT are 7's lol Will admit though that I really miss XP-Pro!
W-7 was a favorite. It was a workhorse for sure.

The best thing about windows is what we have seen here. You can get help troubleshooting. The local Apple dealer and Best Buy suck when it comes to help. No one I know has a Mac, so I'm on my own in a small town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back