• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone have access to cam grinding equipment?

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:11 PM
Reaction score
I ask because I have an Isky .660 lift roller cam with a lobe that needs to be reground. Local grinder says he can do it but for 300 bucks and well, that's not worth it to me. Figure if someone has access to shop machines like this and might be interested in it.....if not, kinda hate to scrap it. It's free. Just pay shipping.

Try these guys in Florence Kentucky!

hillbilly cam repair.jpg

I'll give em a shout but from what this local company says, the work involved is mostly time consuming. Being a machinist, what he said they had to do to reclaim it made sense to me.

Might try Schneider Racing Cams as they do regrinds.

No response at Redline but got a hold of someone at Schneider and well, even tho Schneider quoted me over 30% cheaper, still don't think it's worth it. A new stick is about 475 for one that's close to this one....so....if I were still racing with this grind (which imo, is a good one), I might go for it.

No response at Redline but got a hold of someone at Schneider and well, even tho Schneider quoted me over 30% cheaper, still don't think it's worth it. A new stick is about 475 for one that's close to this one....so....if I were still racing with this grind (which imo, is a good one), I might go for it.
Do you have the cam card?

Do you have the cam card?
May have it around here somewhere.....it's a cam I used in the early 80's and if I don't, I'm sure Isky does. The back end of the cam is marked really well.

Auto Transport Service
Back