• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone have the edelbrock pro flo 2 EFI setup?

BRDMOPARMAN

Local time
5:03 PM
Reaction score
At idle the engine will lean out when the vehicle gets up to temp for about 20 seconds then idle fine for about a min then start the cycle again??

there is a guy over on dodgecharger .com forum redmist on a thread about {Who wants to Megasquirt, full sequential fuel/ spark a 68 Charger ! This guy} running a trick Pro Flow Edelbrock set up, sorry no link...

thats an open loop close loop issue. WHat kind of EFI controller is on it? I can help you with enough info

Thanks budnicks
The controller is the stock edelbrock efi controller, handheld, I have yet to dyno with the laptop. The coolant temp is above 180, the AFR readings go from 7.4-21.9 when the problem is happening. Then if I rev it as if im clearing out what would be the carb(quick rev to about 4k rpm) the system will go normal again for about 3-4 min then start again, almost like its loading up or something

I'm running an Eddy Pro-flo on my charger. It's a finicky little snot to try and tune if you don't have access to a dyno. Id have to agree with the closed/open fuel loop being a possible issue. Any off chance your fuel/delivery system is dirty or clogged? Id take the fuel pump off, blow out the lines with air and watch for debris.

I really dislike that controller. I am not sure that you can fix it on a dyno. I would contact their tech support, that is too wide of a range on the AFR. Its got a bad sensor somewhere or a completely inappropriate setting

Ok sorry for the long delay. I've got the problem fixed and it was a combo of a few things going on. First the tps sensor was faulty and it would go in and out of the idle control circuit on its own. After I fixed that I noticed my ignition timing was all jacked up and it never felt right. I tore back into the motor and found my cam timing was off a tooth.... Yep my bad!!:iamwithstupid:

glad to see you found the issues,
now go have some fun

Auto Transport Service
Back