• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone have their grille, headlamp & tailamp trim chrome plated?

koosh

Local time
2:13 AM
Reaction score
Curious if this could be done on these parts since they are prob aluminum? Any pics?

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you can plate aluminum. There are guys out there that can handle the pot metal chores but not everybody that that offers chrome plating can do it and it is expensive.
I don't have the pictures with me but I had the tail light bezels re-chromed locally and they came out really nice

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you can plate aluminum. There are guys out there that can handle the pot metal chores but not everybody that that offers chrome plating can do it and it is expensive.
I don't have the pictures with me but I had the tail light bezels re-chromed locally and they came out really nice
So your saying......there's a chance! Lol....were they steel or aluminum?

So your saying......there's a chance! Lol....were they steel or aluminum?
The bezels are pot metal and as I said they can be re-chromed but not by everybody, there is a special process involved. Steel is no problem for any chrome plating company but I really don't think you can plate aluminum. It can be polished though.

It was originally anodized.....Very few places are able to perform that.

King of trim.....
Mcnichols Anodizing....

As Bill said not every chrome shop deals with pot metal but they are out there..
Pauls Chrome

I saw a 67 Coronet 500 at a show in Georgia several years back that (per the owner) all the side trim was stripped, polished, chromed, and the paint detailing done. I didn't question the process, but it looked awesome.

deanodized mine with heavy duty oven cleaner in the yellow can and scotchbrite pad. Don't get in a hurry, it's a mutha!
IMG_0544.JPG
IMG_0525.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back