• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone know what causes this?

Moparfiend

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:47 AM
Reaction score
Car is apart and I haven’t looked at the assembly. Thought one of you guys could probably quickly identify what causes this…ie interference issue? Seems like both doors has this. Didn’t notice until after I epoxy primed it.
Thanx

08FDFA4B-CE96-47F6-B621-EC9BE35EDC78.jpeg

Wow I guess 50 years of fatigue I mean use when intended only 6 leaves its mark. I think I’ll reinforce this now rather than later since it’s a functional “component”.

That mark is when the women gets pissed off often and slams the door lots.

That mark is when the women gets pissed off often and slams the door lots.
LOL... I've had to slam the drivers door on my Bee for the latch to catch for 40+ years and it doesn't have a dent there. I'd suggest the OP's switches were set way too far out.

Those switches are self-setting. The inside switch part will slide inside the threaded door jam part to the right height when door is closed.

Sounds like they were more frozen. Old switches sometimes get sticky or stuck. Either way I’ll have to repair the doors...

I wonder if that could have happened by closing the door with jamb striker removed and the dome light switch still in place?

Some of those switches are longer than others, as I've found out the hard way.

Sounds like they were more frozen. Old switches sometimes get sticky or stuck. Either way I’ll have to repair the doors...
Someone may have swapped the switches to an incorrect type years before you bought the car......it happens.

Anything is possible with what I saw the previous/original owner and his Adams family abuse of the car. Then add in my ignorance and you gor a perfect storm lol. In any event your inputs are a valuable thing to put in my tool box. Not if I can just remember where I put my tool box……..

Auto Transport Service
Back