• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone like fresh fish?

Some of you know my younger son.
He caught some beautiful fish over the weekend.
A coho and some brown trout.
The fish taste great this time of year out of the cold water.
View attachment 1621840
View attachment 1621841

We used to charter out of Oswego for Coho Salmon, Lake Trout. Great fishing up there. Last time we were up there it was ten foot waves on a beautiful, blue sky day. (A front went through as we were driving up) We were one of two boats left out there out of 200 or more that normally go out. We each caught one fish and came in by 12:00.

I love fish and fishing. A
proverbial Johnny Cash in
that "I've been everywhere
man". Florida to California.
Salmon snagging, stripped
bass, crappie, catfish
multiple species),
pumpkin seed sunfish,
northern pike, walleye,
rainbows, browns,
cut throats, spotted trout,
sand trout, black bass,
red snapper, red and black
drum, flounder, various
species of shark, steelhead,
smallmouth, white bass by
the boatload.
All listed have crossed my
dinner plate after bouts on
the ol' spinning rod.
Not to mention mudbugs,
snorkeling for abalone,
and lobster.
Been thru 6 boats and
miles and miles of
monofilament.
God bless America!
I love fishing as much as I
love building a hotrod!

20240305_224059.jpg20240305_224045.jpg

Last edited:
Here's one for the books! When I first bought my house there was a beaver in the pond. Not wanting to lose my trees, I decided to get some conibear traps and trap it. I never did catch that beaver but, one day while checking the traps, I saw this large mouth bass caught by the tail.
bass1.jpg

I pulled the trap and the fish was still alive.
bass2.jpg

When I went to release it, it spit out this bluegill smolt that it obviously chased through the trap, officially making it a twofer! I released the bass alive but the bluegill had succumbed. I figured if I ever hooked that fish again, I'd recognize it by the scar on it's tail.
bass4.jpg

They don't get any fresher than this... two meals in one! LOL Thought I had a video on youtube of the 4" crayfish walking out of the Rainbow, fully alive, while cleaning the fish, but I don't..
View attachment 1622064View attachment 1622065View attachment 1622066View attachment 1622067View attachment 1622068
Well that is somewhat amasing!
Food and more food, you can't go wrong there bud!

In my past, I was an avid fisherman, pulled more out of the water than most would even believe, through the ice or on a boat, Walleye was our man target, pan fish where also a good deal, god I miss those days.

Edit.....the lake pearch here in Michigan are indeed the best in this whole world!

Good friend of ours had a heart attack and died the day before my wedding, pearch fishing. God remember Gino!

Last edited:
Seneca Lake has pretty spectacular perch as well.
We've caught 2 lb perch there.
Im quite sure your correct, but damn, we used to pull them out till we where scared, then to shore to unload and out again.
Got to love lake fish.. for me there is nothing better... then again anything in the waters fresh or salt is great for me.

Caught some tuna off the obx one year. We hen we got ashore we had the dressed and fileted then grilled some that evening. Fresh tuna mmmmmm

Hey grandpa, what’s for dinner? Fried mullet, fried shrimp, fried oysters and hush puppies. Yum.
(Chatahoochee Fl)
IMG_3386.jpeg

(

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back