• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone running a Billet- Ready to Run Distributor?

DodgeBoy5150

Made in the U.S.A.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:15 AM
Reaction score
I am looking at these billet-ready to run distributors for my 400B.
Mancini Racing and 440 Source have them-and they seem identical.
Lots of great features for the price, but, I'm skeptical--so anyone here running one?

I am looking at these billet-ready to run distributors for my 400B.
Mancini Racing and 440 Source have them-and they seem identical.
Lots of great features for the price, but, I'm skeptical--so anyone here running one?

IF you are considering a change, consider the availability of spare/replacement parts for any Sunday afternoon roadside needs. IMO....consider buying the unit for an RB engine with the spacer collar so It will fit your B block....it will be easier to sell it later....if your expectations are not fulfilled. Just my opinion of course.
BOB RENTON

My buddy with the GTX just had an MSD RTR go bad on him. Less than 6 months old I had to remove the board and install a new one.

IF you are considering a change, consider the availability of spare/replacement parts for any Sunday afternoon roadside needs. IMO....consider buying the unit for an RB engine with the spacer collar so It will fit your B block....it will be easier to sell it later....if your expectations are not fulfilled. Just my opinion of course.
BOB RENTON

Why would it be easier to sell?

I ran one in a small block bracket car for years. Trap RPM was about 6800. Had a built in rev limiter. Never had any issues.

Why would it be easier to sell?

By purchasing the one for an RB block and using the adaptor collar, it will fit either the B or RB engine, but not the other way. Beside, the new distributor will not unlock mega extra HP and after spending 500+ dollars for it and the new required wires, if you are disappointed in the performance (or lack of), it would be easier to sell to the next unassuming person.....or not. Just my opinion of course.
BOB RENTON

Auto Transport Service
Back