• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

APPARENTLY, it's dead transmission month...

Triplegreen500

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:54 PM
Reaction score
My '90 turbo Voyager ate its transmission last weekend. Not surprised - it's been on the way out (double the stock boost level didn't help, I'm sure!), I knew it was coming...and now I need to yank it and rebuild it, or rebuild one of the cores I have in the shed. It's a Torqueflite A413 3 speed non-lockup...and I'm having one HELL of a time finding parts for it. Anyone here work in the transmission industry and know of any performance parts for these units? There used to be a TON of stuff - performance clutches, performance valve bodies, shift kits, converters, all of that stuff...but it seems to have evaporated. I'd prefer to do a "performance" build since I like playing with boost, and I want it to last...

This is in addition to the ongoing clutch issue with Danielle's 08 Dakota...and the bearing noise in my Wrangler's 6 speed (have a complete unit to swap in there, just need the time)....sigh....

My '90 turbo Voyager ate its transmission last weekend. Not surprised - it's been on the way out (double the stock boost level didn't help, I'm sure!), I knew it was coming...and now I need to yank it and rebuild it, or rebuild one of the cores I have in the shed. It's a Torqueflite A413 3 speed non-lockup...and I'm having one HELL of a time finding parts for it. Anyone here work in the transmission industry and know of any performance parts for these units? There used to be a TON of stuff - performance clutches, performance valve bodies, shift kits, converters, all of that stuff...but it seems to have evaporated. I'd prefer to do a "performance" build since I like playing with boost, and I want it to last...

This is in addition to the ongoing clutch issue with Danielle's 08 Dakota...and the bearing noise in my Wrangler's 6 speed (have a complete unit to swap in there, just need the time)....sigh....
Did you contact Forward Motion? They might know of a source for beefed up FWD auto transmission.

I forgot all about FM, thanks! I looked at FWDPerformance's site...I'll drop FM a note. Thanks for the reminder!

Auto Transport Service
Back