• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are FABO part prices better than FBBO

That Bigboy guy is obviously flipping them - he got them on FABO for $100 less than he's asking here.
Not sure there's anything against the rules about doing that, though?

That Bigboy guy is obviously flipping them - he got them on FABO for $100 less than he's asking here.
Not sure there's anything against the rules about doing that, though?
I noticed the same pictures too. Bigboy claims not to flip parts, instead he uses them on his 50 cars that he owns.

Hellcat.org requires the photo to have your user name and date in the photo for this reason

Thanks for pointing this out. The authorities have been notified.

Flipping is different than scamming if he truly owns them now

icture-id491330920?k=20&m=491330920&s=612x612&w=0&h=c7DgiFuzEgns0Iuu3rcbHk2rQ4OQXU-lC0p4bHCPNwE=.jpg

Thanks for pointing this out. The authorities have been notified.

Per toolmanmike's #6 Reply:

Found this to be quite common when hunting the net for my B-Body earlier this year, and again lately when hunting for NOS parts. From individual parts to entire cars, they use the pictures from someone else's auction, or parts listing, to create their own phony listing. When you contact them they have some long winded song and dance story about why they are offering it so cheaply. It's like an epidemic. Maybe we should start our own 'Market Watch' thread where members can raise group awareness by posting these when they spot them.

Someone joined here and used a 20 year old picture of my car as his avatar, looks like he's gone now.
Some people are just strange.

Badlilred on FABO still owns and has not received payment on the parts yet. Bigboy committed to buy but the seller has not received payment yet.
What Bigboy does with these parts after he has paid in full and possess them is his business but I feel (my opinion) that it is pretty ballsy and un-ethical to attempt to sell parts that haven't been officially paid for and that he doesn't possess yet. That's borderline fraud in my book.

Methinks he was going to use the proceeds from his FBBO "sale" to pay the seller on FABO with, then simply have the FABO seller ship directly to his "customer" here on FBBO.
Quick flip, pocket the profit, never have to touch the part....

Pretty dumb/cheap not to pay the $100 and get the rockers before selling. Guys on here may buy a part put some work and resell the part for profit 3 or 4 time purchase price. Saw a NOS part on ebay sell for $300. It was advertised here $1500 what a guy! Don't know if it sold? Maybe discounted to $999!:rolleyes:

Auto Transport Service
Back