• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Atlanta dragway…

QuickBpBp

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:45 AM
Reaction score
Well everyone knew it was closed and sold… Reality hits when they actually start tearing it down… Sad to see another one officially gone. Thankfully Koretsky’s bought Maplegrove Raceway here in Pa. to keep it open and improve it… They are even going to try and have a New Year’s Eve race for the first time I know of…

The Atlanta Dragway Tower Comes Down

Last edited:
I can't remember all the southern california strips I've raced on, that are gone. I think maybe ten?

Sad day for another place to go! There won’t be many safe places to run anymore..

Around here more racing occurs at 3am on a parkway. There’s alway some group pushing to build a track. The problem is if one ever is built (unlikely) it’ll be so crowded no one will be able to run anyway.
I always thought if I had the money I’d build my own on my own property and just have all my “friends” over. Lol

Auto Transport Service
Back