• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Attaching Emblems To Valve Covers?

dodge68charger

Local time
9:31 PM
Reaction score
I ve Seen It Done Where Guys Take The Emblem Of A Certain Car and Fasten It To The Valve Covers. Looks Pretty Cool..

How Is This Done?

Drill Holes In The Cover and Tight Press Fit?

Grind Off The Studs And Use Tape
( Ugly Gap )

Any Ideas Or Suggestions. Thanks Guys

I ve Seen It Done Where Guys Take The Emblem Of A Certain Car and Fasten It To The Valve Covers. Looks Pretty Cool..

How Is This Done?

Drill Holes In The Cover and Tight Press Fit?

Grind Off The Studs And Use Tape
( Ugly Gap )

Any Ideas Or Suggestions. Thanks Guys
Epoxy?
Mike

I removed and replaced the tags on an Austin Healy valve cover. They were held in with solid rivets. I got some from Hansen Rivet, and it worked out just beautiful.

I don't know how well double sided tape will hold up to the heat. I'd think JB Weld would do a good job.

Last edited:
On the HP273 "Commando" valve covers, the factory attached the aluminum plug wire guides with two or three (very sloppy) dabs of RTV black silicone.

spring break09 011.jpg

FB_IMG_1612290432746.jpg

Vinyl decals are an option for customizing as well.
7129013.jpg

These are probably more along the lines of what you're going for though. Originally a set of Mickey Thompsons, the M/T logos were ground off flush and Super Bee emblems were actually welded on.
FB_IMG_1612367985514.jpg

I'd personally be more inclined to trust the silicone over two-sided tape. It would suck to put a bunch of work into them and discover you're missing an emblem when you got home from the last road trip.

How Did You Weld Them? Aren’t They Cast Metal?
On the HP273 "Commando" valve covers, the factory attached the aluminum plug wire guides with two or three (very sloppy) dabs of RTV black silicone.

View attachment 1063774

View attachment 1063776

View attachment 1063775

These are probably more along the lines of what you're going for though. Originally a set of Mickey Thompsons, the M/T logos were ground off flush and Super Bee emblems were actually welded on.
View attachment 1063773

I'd personally be more inclined to trust the silicone over two-sided tape. It would suck to put a bunch of work into them and discover you're missing an emblem when you got home from the last road trip.

Thinking Of Either Having Them Tig Welded On The Backside Or Sealing The Studs With Rtv After I Press Them In.

View attachment 1063774

View attachment 1063776

View attachment 1063775

View attachment 1063773

I'm digging those 'Bee ones! :thumbsup:

You guys got me thinking now, i have a extra cheapo set of valve covers for my 64'. A couple of Fratzog emblems off of a 65' Coronet front fenders may look pretty cool on there.

Auto Transport Service
Back