• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B body front disk brake conversion

Jeff Miller

Local time
10:56 AM
Reaction score
What's the best way to go at a front disk brake conversion on my 65 coronet,what not to use

My first choice for spindles is OEM A body 73-76 disc brake spindles, if they aren’t available chineesium ones from one of the many vendors like doctor Diff.

Then you’ll need a master cylinder, if looks aren’t important I would upgrade to an aluminum 2 bolt master like the ones dr.Diff sells.

Then you will need a disc brake proportioning valve- dr.Diff

All the bearings, rotors, calipers etc would then also be 73-76 A-body with disc brakes application. Calipers are actually the same as on most mopars up until 1984’ ish

Or you can just do as mentioned earlier and just call Cass at dr diff

Last edited:
I've been using Dr. Diffs 11 3/4" stage 2 kits along with his 15/16" aluminum master cylinders. Been happy with them and Cass is a pleasure to deal with as well.

Wilwood disc brake kit is a very nice kit. Has everything you need except for brake hoses.

SSBC (Stainless Steel Break Corp) has a nice complete kit too
depending on options, it can get pricey
even bolt-on kits to convert to disc with an Org. drum spindle

make sure to use a vented rotor,
not the (sometimes solid rotors) race-style brakes
for street driven cars

https://www.theRamManInc.com
use to be a viable source too,
the guy loves to talk about himself & his products
all MoPar sourced stuff, mostly bolt-on stuff,
you can get from him or the local parts stores

all good suggestions above too, about Dr. Diff too

I'll put in another recommendation for Dr Diff.

Summit Racing & Jeggs both have their inhouse brands too

I won’t chime in on who’s stuff to use. I will chime in on what NOT to use. There is a very common 8” dual booster sold by many of these outfits that binds up over time when hot. I’d make some sort of factory booster work before going with a new one of these.

Do any of these kits not use a plastic reservoir?

Do any of these kits not use a plastic reservoir?
Kit I used was from SSBC...your engine bay will have a tad bit of a GM look...MC and booster...cuz it is.

Kit I used was from SSBC...your engine bay will have a tad bit of a GM look...MC and booster...cuz it is.

I’m just not a fan of the plastic MC.
It reminds me of the few late 70’s Mopars I owned.

Auto Transport Service
Back