• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B body repro parts

joe smith

Local time
1:48 PM
Reaction score
Its been so long since I have bought any, I no longer know who and where to buy parts from..
Any recommendations to some good suppliers here? TY

Last edited:
You'll probably need to be a LOT more specific, as in what parts you are looking for.

Lots of different MFG and not all make the same parts.

Be fussy about what you want and ask before you buy. Alot of junk that just doesnt fit at stupid prices.

Richard O'Shields. That's who I would start with. I believe he's listed as a vendor on this forum.

I believe it's Restoration and Reproduction Parts in the Vendor forum.

Richard is great to deal with. His company is Restoration Parts and Materials. I also like Vans Auto.

Restoration Parts and Materials, Megaparts, 521restorations, Detroit Muscle Technologies, Partsmix if need be, should cover anything you need...

Been trying to get ahold of Richard for weeks now. Hasn't been on this site for awhile so doesn't answer pm's. Doesn't answer his phone or return messages, and his company Restoration Parts and materials doesn't respond to emails. Nice guy when you can talk to him, but the customer support just isn't there.
Mega Parts and Summit Racing will get you most of what you need.

Been trying to get ahold of Richard for weeks now. Hasn't been on this site for awhile so doesn't answer pm's. Doesn't answer his phone or return messages, and his company Restoration Parts and materials doesn't respond to emails. Nice guy when you can talk to him, but the customer support just isn't there.

Richard and his family has had some health issues this year. We need to cut him some slack.

Richard and his family has had some health issues this year. We need to cut him some slack.
Knew there had to be something going on with him. I posted a couple weeks ago because he wasn't responding. Several members mentioned they had recently seen or talked to him. I waited a week and called his personal #, still no response. Hope he and his family is ok.
But if the op is looking for parts right now, better to try someone else.

For what it's worth, this was my latest experience with Van's...
I was interested in the lower taillight surround trim piece for a 1966 Charger. The interaction went as follows (copied and pasted here exactly).

Emailed inquiry from me:
There are a couple of manufacturers' of this part. One (OER), finishes them incorrectly. Attached, I have examples of both finishes. Please verify that your piece is correct.
In advance, thank you.
Tom

Van's response (as typed):
no there is one manufacturer, dont know were you got the picture of the one you claim is correct

My response:
Thank you for your quick response. You are, however, wrong.
There is not just one manufacturer of this item. PG Classic has (and is the manufacturer of) this piece, finished as original. I have now purchased it from them.
____________________________________________________________________________________________
joe smith,
The only reason I posted this, is that I feel that as a potential customer paying good money...
1. I don't need to be rudely corrected by someone who is obviously uninformed.
2. I don't appreciate the implication that somehow I was lying to them with the photos showing the difference.

correct.jpg incorrect.jpg

Last edited:
Looking for the RT qtr panel emblem on a 68 or 69... I cannot find one..

Knew there had to be something going on with him. I posted a couple weeks ago because he wasn't responding. Several members mentioned they had recently seen or talked to him. I waited a week and called his personal #, still no response. Hope he and his family is ok.

I talked with him at Nationals. Just a super nice guy, and has always shown fast response and good customer service over the years. Just going through a rough patch right now.

Looking for the RT qtr panel emblem on a 68 or 69... I cannot find one.

Richard probably won't have one of those. Try Year 1 or Classic Industries.

Thanks for the leads everyone, I found what I was looking for...

Its been so long since I have bought any, I no longer know who and where to buy parts from..
Any recommendations to some good suppliers here? TY
There's a complete thread on here somewhere that lists about every retailer you're looking for.

Auto Transport Service
Back