• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baby brother

99ss

Local time
1:20 AM
Reaction score
This is the baby brother to my engine.my builder did before my 457. Mine makes a little more power than this... This is all motor, 91 octane pump gas. 9.51 @ 140.. not to shabby ... It went 9.21.. his wife drove it to work sometimes.
[video=youtube;dBwozGaM1fo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBwozGaM1fo[/video]

Hummm, that really didn't look like a 9.51/140 pass, smooth run, not violent enough... great commuter car... but congrats either way, on your 9.21 pass... I'm sure the Camaro hatter crowd will chime in pretty soon too...LOL...

At 9.21 he was lifting the front end for the first 60'... its legit.. the car belonged to James Day.. My car doesn't run the 1/4... its built for a road coarse.. I get nothing but tire smoke when I try to launch...

That think launched like it was shot from a slingshot or a catapult on an aircraft carrier .. a slingshot is what it felt like to me inside the aircraft

At 9.21 he was lifting the front end for the first 60'... its legit.. the car belonged to James Day.. My car doesn't run the 1/4... its built for a road coarse.. I get nothing but tire smoke when I try to launch...

Car works real well !!

IIRC its a powerglide trans

- - - Updated - - -

Same car
[video=youtube;r06e3itry0s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r06e3itry0s[/video]

I would have **** myself going vertical

All Motor.... Hummm, is that twin-screws I see in the front of that beast ??, in a few of the shots, or is it just a dual fresh air intake, of some kind ??... it looks like it has the SLP air filter & top in the initial shot, but what the tubular aluminum looking stuff behind the bumper ??... nice wheel-stands by the way, I think a set of wheelie bars, would be a really good idea too... they can always take them off for street use...

Yea I wondered about that as well but you dont see any piping at all or a huge intercooler or anything to support FI.
My guess is it cold air intake modifications.
The hood scoop on the SS is functional.. and somewhat limited in size when your sucking that much air.. I'm guessing it all ducted to feed under that SLP lid. Its effed up setup from the factory.. it goes in the scoop and then gets 180 into the engine from the hood in front of the SLP lid.

Auto Transport Service
Back