• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Back in the day pictures of wrecks!

That's what Vince Neil hit with his Pantera. The drummer from another band was in the car with Vince and was killed in the crash.

One issue i see with our hobby is that guys are welding structural parts of their cars in their garage. While the welds may look like a bunch of dimes in a row there is no way of telling if its good unless its tested either by XRay, dye pen, mag part etc. i have welders working for me that work on high pressure gas and steam. Some have been welding 25 years and once in a rare while they have a bad weld caught by these tests. God forbid any of us get in a bad wreck with bad welds holding structural parts together what may have been survivable probably wouldnt be. Just putting this out there.

Last edited:
I took driver ed with Amos Neyhart’s protege in the late 1960s at State College High. Signal 30 was removed from the curriculum the year before. Over three decades later, I dug it up, and used it for my orientation class when I was safety director for a major trucking company. Made a serious impression all those years later.
Pretty certain signal 30 was used in Driver ED in the early 60’s also.

Crashed Chrysler C body!

rt-505-2-a.jpg

64CF3D6E-078A-47A4-A6BF-E6DA3AEE5112.jpeg
A5B7656A-D904-4BFB-A35C-EAAB5387761B.jpeg
2021 Dodge Challenger……
The driver walked away with minor injuries.
The pregnant passenger was ejected and killed….

Literally sheard in two,holy sh*t! Who drives like that with a pregnant passenger in the car! Very tragic! They don't call it the death seat for nothing!

That one looks like it was parked in a driveway and the parking brake didn't hold and it rolled away. A reminder to always leave your car in gear when parked or even put a chock behind a tire!
I remember back in my teens I was working on my manual trans Challenger in the driveway, trying to adjust the carb or something, and walked away to get a tool in the garage.
I turned around to see my car rolling down the driveway! It rolled across the street and hit the curb and the rear end went airborne for a second as it bounced over the curb into the neighbors yard as I stood there and watched helplessly! Fortunately there was no car parked across the street at the time, or traffic on the road or the story wouldn't have been so funny!

I got out of my 70 Charger R/T and I was walking away from the car, I heard the sound of the shifter clicking out of gear,and the sound of the tires rolling on the gravel. I couldn't get the door open to stop the car with the brakes, so I got behind the car and tried to stop it, which I couldn't do,but I softened the impact as the corner of my freshly chromed bumper hit the plow on a truck that I was working on for someone, pushing the bumper into my freshly painted NOS rear quarter panel and chipping the **** out of the paint!

This car......

0000000-jpg.1410595

....was at a Pick N Pull self serve yard. That is where this picture was taken. There was nothing that I could use or I would have driven across several states to pick it clean.

Last edited:
I hate when junkyard's pick cars up by the roof distorting the roof structure then putting them on the roof of another car wrecking the roof of that car as well!

Auto Transport Service
Back