• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Back in the day pictures of wrecks!

Rolled 57 Chevy!

62a1df29e88f854d62b7ad94a731b045.jpg

This thread gives me conflicting thoughts.....I love old pictures of cars and I know that most of them have been crashed and junked but at the same time, it hurts a bit to see it.

The car is a 70 Challenger R/T with a 72 grille stuck in it. 72 cars have the composite header panel, that car has 70 headlight bezels. They were trying to make the car look newer. In the movie they show them stealing another Challenger and putting the numbers from the wrecked Challenger on it and it is a 70 Challenger R/T.

This thread gives me conflicting thoughts.....I love old pictures of cars and I know that most of them have been crashed and junked but at the same time, it hurts a bit to see it.
I agree KD. I posted it as a reminder that when we are driving our classic cars, we need to keep in mind that they don't brake and handle like modern cars,and they don't offer the safety features of modern cars,so there is a time and place to exhibit acceleration, and extra care is needed pulling out into traffic, and extra distance is needed between vehicles when driving them. I found this out first hand that they don't stop like modern vehicles and had a put a 3/4 nose on the orange convertible Charger, a few months after finishing the car. Some of these accidents shown in this thread are the results of making bad decisions, some are just fate,and some didn't walk away from them.

Auto Transport Service
Back