• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Back in the day pictures of wrecks!

A proper drivers ed car!

tumblr_mno85jYoEl1qh5zuoo1_1280.jpg

In 1969 the local Chevy dealer provided the driver ed cars, so I drove an Impala. No simulators. School had a pretty good budget back in the day, so we drove the cars on a "range" with the instructor in a turret, yelling at us on a bull horn. Best defensive driving course came a year later, in the Clark Motor Company GTX. Julie Clark telling me I needed to keep my nose clean if I was going to own that car down the road. Her older son, who was in my high school class, flunked his license exam in the car. When he started it up, the examiner questioned him, "what's the engine in this thing, son?" He told me he knew he was done when he answered, "440. sir..."

Last edited:
Holy S*#T
That's my picture.
I took that at Mather Auto Wreckers, Sacramento, California, probably 1976 when i was in the Air Force, stationed at Mather AFB.
I know that photo has been around the internet quite a bit, but don't know how it got on photobucket.

I wrecked this '66 charger decades ago street racing when I was young and stupid. I had just finished putting a welded crank 383 stroker in it the day before. I was a good mechanic but a lousy driver. Good news is that everybody I knew at the time quit street racing. No seat belt so I went through the windshield broke my ribs on the way out and fractured my skull on the house. It took me 7 years to pay off the damage that insurance didn't cover. I keep this newspaper clipping on my desk to always remind me that I must be here for a reason and that God has a plan for me.
20230126_185816.jpg

Holy S*#T
That's my picture.
I took that at Mather Auto Wreckers, Sacramento, California, probably 1976 when i was in the Air Force, stationed at Mather AFB.
I know that photo has been around the internet quite a bit, but don't know how it got on photobucket.
I found it after typing wrecked muscle cars.

Auto Transport Service
Back