• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Back to work on the Bee

charger70

Local time
5:50 PM
Reaction score
I've had this car for about 4 years and haven't made much progress.
I guess its time to get back on it.
This first pic is as I got it.
383/727 3.23 open 8.75
and alot of bondo :yes:
Don't ya just love the plastic "truckstop" racing mirrors?

69bee001.jpg

Last edited:
Mm Mm Mm, Rust!!

good AZ metal---NOT!!:mad:
This car must have spent time in the Snow belt.:santa:

IMG_1516.jpg

IMG_1520.jpg

IMG_1521.jpg

IMG_1523.jpg

IMG_1524.jpg

IMG_1526.jpg

You got your work cut out for you.(no pun intended) Do a little bit of work at a time and before you know it, you got yourself a descent car. Good luck with the car, and keep us updated!

I did this repair last winter (2007-2008) and then got side tracked building the EFI motor for my Duster.
There were so many holes drilled in the floor that it was easier to replace the entire side.
The right side wasnt nearly as bad so that got a smaller section. Alot of holes on this side too.
I thoroughly sandblasted and then used Por 15 on the interior frame rails before welding the new panels on.

superb floor1.jpg

superbee floor2.jpg

Last edited:
You got your work cut out for you.(no pun intended) Do a little bit of work at a time and before you know it, you got yourself a descent car. Good luck with the car, and keep us updated!

Thanks Alley.
Go ahead, You can use that as a pun.:yes:
I used to do this stuff for a living, and the basic structure is very sound so I'm not too overwhelmed.:drowning:
No rust in the trunk floor or engine compartment.
Both quarters were hit badly many years ago so there is alot to do on both sides.

Lots of bodywork had been done on the quarters.
Do you think there is any Bondo left in AZ?
I swear this is supposed to be illegal:eek::rant:

superbee bondo2.jpg

superbee bondo1.jpg

superbee bondo5.jpg

superbee bondo4.jpg

superbee bondo3.jpg

I did take a couple hours a few months ago to cut these parts off, then lost the will to work on it. I was going thru a divorce last year, beat the hell out of my spirit.
Now that is about finished so time to get back on track.
I already have both quarter skins, outer wheel houses, and trunk floor to qtr dropoffs.

had them for a couple years actually.

superbee rust55.jpg

superbee rust 2.jpg

superbee rust 3.jpg

Holy Bondo Batman! I've fixed a few that had that much bondo, maybe even a little more. I shouldn't be surprised, been restoring cars for 21 years now, but it always amazes me what people do.

I love Bee's! Keep us posted on the progress!

Jason

Hey Alley,
I see your from WI,
I will be moving back to sw MN this summer.
Are you close enough to Minneapolis to do Mopars in the Park? It used to be in Shakopee, not sure where it is this year.

I'm gonna try and make use of the temps here in AZ and get the sheetmetal welded on before I head north.
Hopefully the salt will be off the roads by then too.:yes:

I love Bee's! Keep us posted on the progress!

Jason

Will do, Jaak
Might take another year or more.
The plan is all Black with a Red Bumble stripe.
Black bucket interior with console.
Vintage Air conditioning.
I have a standard bore 69 440 hp block I intend to stroke to 496, 727 with Gear Venders OD, or what ever is the best choice when I get to it.

You can tell by my signature that I like "B"s too:grin:

Hey Alley,
I see your from WI,
I will be moving back to sw MN this summer.
Are you close enough to Minneapolis to do Mopars in the Park? It used to be in Shakopee, not sure where it is this year.

I'm gonna try and make use of the temps here in AZ and get the sheetmetal welded on before I head north.
Hopefully the salt will be off the roads by then too.:yes:

Yes I do go to Mopars in the Park. I've been goin' since the 80's. It got to big for Shakopee, so they moved it to Farmington, Dakota county fairgrounds, a lot nicer, more space, and even some shade, thank God! maybe we'll see you there in 09!

you better get some of that done, cuz it's cold as hell up here!

Lookin' good so far! Keep up the good work!

Yes I do go to Mopars in the Park. I've been goin' since the 80's. It got to big for Shakopee, so they moved it to Farmington, Dakota county fairgrounds, a lot nicer, more space, and even some shade, thank God! maybe we'll see you there in 09!

you better get some of that done, cuz it's cold as hell up here!

Cool, I Hope to be there with the Runner from my avatar, or my Duster.

71whiteduster.jpg

Sweet Duster! Shhhhh, don't tell anyone, but I love A-bodies! I got a 72 Duster 440. Hope to see ya there next summer. What color is the Bee goin' to be?

I can't believe the bondo in those quarters!!!! Some guys have no clue do they?Try to keep us updated with pics if possible.

Glad to see the bee,s finally getting the love it deserves.

Alley-- The plan is for all Black, Black buckets, no vinyl top, and a Red tail stripe. and either 15" Road wheels ar 17" Cragar SS.

68 Sat-- I'll keep ya up to date as it happens.

Daredevill-- Back in 04 I drove it, as a daily driver, for about a year looking like it does in the first pics.
I was going to sell it then, but the very day I was on my way to a swap meet Car Corral, the trans front pump seal puked.
I barely got back in my driveway. Hasn't been back together since. Guess it wanted to stay with me till I get the new metal and a shiney coat of paint on..

Black with a red stripe will look awesome!!!! :wtg:

Jason

Auto Transport Service
Back