• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bad Flasher?

skyman51

Local time
3:51 PM
Reaction score
All had been working fine until yesterday. I started my 1967 GTX and checked everything like I always do. The four way flashers stopped working. They come on but don;t flash. The turn signals work, but seem to flash rapidly. Is this a flasher gone bad, and were is it located. Check it or just get a new one at NAPA?

All had been working fine until yesterday. I started my 1967 GTX and checked everything like I always do. The four way flashers stopped working. They come on but don;t flash. The turn signals work, but seem to flash rapidly. Is this a flasher gone bad, and were is it located. Check it or just get a new one at NAPA?

Turn signals have a dedicated flasher. 4-way flasher is a 2nd separate flasher. (At least on '69's, will assume '67's are very similar).

Check to make sure all bulbs are good, then make sure all bulbs have a GOOD GROUND! These cars are famous for having grounding problems with the turn signals/flashers causing intermittent operation.

Auto Transport Service
Back