• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ballast Resistors and Mopar Electronic Ignition Conversions...

I guess that all means "the carb you have can definitely be causing the slight surging issue you're having"? :)

You could try tuning that 1407 with metering rods first and springs

How much money and time do you have ?

And I have nothing against Eddy Carbs

39393547-3BDA-484A-884A-4AAF7DF78703.jpeg

And I have nothing against Eddy Carbs
View attachment 966719
I don't either, actually - just THIS one. It was inherited with the engine I bought and I've
been all through it. Been there, own the Edelbrock tuning kit and charts and all that.
Should I ever be able to afford it, an AVS2 is in my future.

Sounds like the Distributor/ignition is ok if he checked the side play in it (side to side of the shaft in the housing. Kind of sounds Carb to n=me. Yes I run a 1411 and it can be lean, opened up the jets a bit on mine.

mech.gif

Find some one that has a scope to definitely confirm the ignition is fine.

Sounds like the Distributor/ignition is ok if he checked the side play in it (side to side of the shaft in the housing. Kind of sounds Carb to n=me. Yes I run a 1411 and it can be lean, opened up the jets a bit on mine.

View attachment 966777

Find some one that has a scope to definitely confirm the ignition is fine.
Hey HH, thanks for checking in.
Could I hook up an old dwell meter and "see" anything on it if there was actually spark scatter
going on with the distributor?

Not sure if you will see it with a electronic distributor set on dwell probably not sure where it would be but with a points set up if it varies more than .003 some thing is off. Check the reluctor gap on each point and see if it varies more than say .002. If so the shaft is bent on the top side. housing bushings I use ,003 as the side to side limit in mine. Think factory is ,oo5. Hope it helps.

Auto Transport Service
Back