• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

barn find...

skip99

Local time
4:34 AM
Reaction score
found a 68 GTX? not the 440 but has a 383 auto. built lots of trans ams, and camaros, never did an old plymouth. fairly solid, front hood brace is crumbly, might need rear 1/4"s

rs23L8a282... 68 gtx, right? worth 5k? pans good fenders good, trunk, doors good, interior an console decent.

sounds like a GTX by the vin...67-71 GTX's only came with 440's or hemi's though. might have had a heart transplant.

pics would be good....

welcome by the way!!

found a 68 GTX? not the 440 but has a 383 auto. built lots of trans ams, and camaros, never did an old plymouth. fairly solid, front hood brace is crumbly, might need rear 1/4"s

rs23L8a282... 68 gtx, right? worth 5k? pans good fenders good, trunk, doors good, interior an console decent.

I know you're a Chevy guy so...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't paint the engine compartment black!! I have seen so many mopars with black engine bays and splatter painted trunks that I could scream.
Good luck on the GTX!

LOL !! I just did the body and paint on this gts dart. so I do fool around...
P1010015-1.jpg

Skip99,
Nah, those old Plymouths aint worth their weight in rust!
I'll send a truck out to pick "her" up from you!
Just send me your address.
LOL!
Nice barn find! I'd say ask $2,500 at first.
Send a pic or 2 of the GTX when you can.
By the way, sweet Dart.
You do great body work man. Love the color!
"Super-bee_ski"

I know you're a Chevy guy so...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't paint the engine compartment black!! I have seen so many mopars with black engine bays and splatter painted trunks that I could scream.
Good luck on the GTX!

Not sure why eveyone says that.Scroll through the A body site,there are plenty of mopar guys that do it also.

Where where where are the pics? May I see? LOL... I'll be waiting for your pics and welcome.

looks like she's in nice shape....did you buy it???

the grille and headlight bezels are a 69 RR, but the GTX emblem behind the door is right for a 68/69...no hood-mounted turn signals? i think those were standard on GTX's. could have gotten taken off, or new fenders got put on though.

is there a fender tag or buildsheet?? either of those and the numbers off of the radiator core and drivers side trunk lip #'s would confirm if it was a GTX.

Copy that, nice Dart.

Prop, you don't want an A Body unless you're not real tall. I'm 6', and my old '68 Dart made me feel cramped even with the seat retracted all the way back almost into the rear seat. LOL

Wow...Nice work on the Dart! Makes me want to go buy one.

didnt buy it yet, looking at the numbers, doesnt the vin say its a gtx?

and the f8 on the dart is base clear. had to do a custom mix and match some original paint on the car. the ppg formula for concept, was way off. and apparenly there were some big variations from the factory back then..but I had good original paint to match, but it took a couple days of mixing and doing sprayouts..also..the prophet couldnt match either..seems it sucks on greens.. I think I posted the formula on forAbodies only..

Skip, the VIN is def for a GTX, but with the other parts that are mix/matched, it could lead me to believe that the tag could have been switched as well?? not throwing stones here, just looking at it from all angles and hopefully save you a big ***-ache later on.

the grille and headlight bezels are a 69 RR, but the GTX emblem behind the door is right for a 68/69...no hood-mounted turn signals? i think those were standard on GTX's. could have gotten taken off, or new fenders got put on though.

is there a fender tag or buildsheet?? either of those and the numbers off of the radiator core and drivers side trunk lip #'s would confirm if it was a GTX.

The fender showing is a 69, and the VIN shown is for a 68, so the fenders have definitely changed.

I thought a lot of neat-o stuff came standard on a gTx until I bought a 70 and found out they could come as low-end as any road runner, the difference being you could get a 440 instead of a 383.

I bet it was built from parts, possibly spent time in a junkyard. Nothing wrong with that, just make sure the price reflects what you can verify, not just what the seller is telling you.

Auto Transport Service
Back