• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The good, the bad, and the ugly

That's the factory 'Cuda stripe for that year.

I think this is a better starting place than both of the others. Especially if you are building a driver. Not sure what it will sell for, BAT usually brings out the loonies.

Auto writers need to come up with something new in their efforts with 2,000-word write-ups, which could be done in a thousand…such as dropping the jargon – “power is sent to the rear wheels…”. Geezuz, that is worn out. Could be they get paid by the word..

Auto writers need to come up with something new in their efforts with 2,000-word write-ups, which could be done in a thousand…such as dropping the jargon – “power is sent to the rear wheels…”. Geezuz, that is worn out. Could be they get paid by the word..
I was not impressed by all the verbiage when I read through it, somewhat irritated by it actually. It is for sale by owner too, so not the kind of writing you would normally see. I wonder if BAT rewrites the adds?

I absolutely HATE when an item for sale description goes on a tangent to try to "educate" a prospective buyer with syrupy lingo that sounds like it's trying to be a review of the car from a period auto magazine.

Can't stress enough how much I HATE that.

Tell me about THIS car, not the marketing from 1973.

The barracuda bid up to $31000, with buyer fee it would be $32550. But it did not meet reserve. Nice car, but just a 318 car so I wonder what the owner expected to get for it? Going over $30000 I decided not to even bid. Dont want white interior, and plan on making a lot of modifications. I will keep looking for a clean rust free car, but cheap enough to have painted the color I prefer and do the mods I want, then put my engine and trans in.

Nada Values on this one;

Base Price$12,250
Options$1,837
Low Retail $14,087

Base Price$26,600
Options$3,990
Average Retail $30,590

Base Price$45,700
Options$6,855
High Retail $52,555

Sounds like a 318 "Cuda or Rallye 318 Challenger might be exactly what you might want.

Those cars have all the same HD/HP stuff as the 340 versions except the 340.

Sounds like a 318 "Cuda or Rallye 318 Challenger might be exactly what you might want.

Those cars have all the same HD/HP stuff as the 340 versions except the 340.
My 73 Road Runner with a 340 also had a 8 3/4 sure grip rear. I think most 318 cars had lesser rears than the 8 3/4, maybe typically the 8 1/4?

My 73 Road Runner with a 340 also had a 8 3/4 sure grip rear. I think most 318 cars had lesser rears than the 8 3/4, maybe typically the 8 1/4?

My 73 Rallye 318 Challenger had an 8 3/4 with a sway bar and 3.23 sure grip.

Any car from either 73 or 74 era looks a lot better when you remove those God-awful bumper guards! Just sayin. You could add a T/A spoilers to a Challenger or AAR spoilers to a Cuda.

Any car from either 73 or 74 era looks a lot better when you remove those God-awful bumper guards! Just sayin. You could add a T/A spoilers to a Challenger or AAR spoilers to a Cuda.
Agree, removed those from my ’73 Challenger, but some other brands, GM/Ford had the extended bumpers, extended molding with shock-absorbers? Reminded me of those awful continental kits on cars from the 50’s where you could use it as a dining table..

Agree, removed those from my ’73 Challenger, but some other brands, GM/Ford had the extended bumpers, extended molding with shock-absorbers? Reminded me of those awful continental kits on cars from the 50’s where you could use it as a dining table..
Agree. I've never liked continental kits on anything but a Continental. (41-48).

Just find something complete as possible
all that lil' stuff trim & trinkets, will $50-$100-$1,000 to death
if you can find a car with 'nice paint'
& 'decent interior'
& 'decent glass, not all scratched, bubbles or yellowed'
& 'all working gauge cluster' or mostly
& not 'rotted out wiring harness', that ain't cheap anymore either
& a 8-3/4 rear at a min. can do well with a auto & the Hemi
otherwise spend another $3k get a S-60 from Stange
a v8 car to get 'the v8 k-member',
then can get Schumacher conversion kits for mounts
(you may need to change torsion bars for that heavy Hemi)
you'll be ahead of the game

nicer 'The car'
more initial investments too,
I assume you know that too

you alone know "what is it you want, what your budget is", choose wisely
I assume you have some $$$ if you have a 528cid Hemi

personally I'd try & find a 68-71 anything (maybe find a car with a junk engine,
& it'd to keep the resale value up, when you drop a bunch of cash into it

have you tried
classifieds site too,
maybe a roller from someone, make it your
usually racecars are cheaper as roller especially
& you can get a nice one, nice body
(may need to source an interior, specific rims & tires, for your needs etc.)
maybe an old racer you could convert back, to street car

Good luck

Auto Transport Service
Back