• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Battery relocate questions...

Nice box! I got this self-fuse tape the other day at home depot. It's great for electrical wrapping.
I'm planning on a fiberglass trunk lid which I'm going to pin on the rear and may use stock hinges which is what I think you have, and I'm going with a trunk batt also. I think I'm going to do away with the trunk lock and try to put a kill switch in that hole so I won't have to drill a hole in my tail-panel. But I did away with my door locks too. Not worried about thieves because my car will never be out of my site unless it's locked in my shop.

View attachment 429680

Thanks kid. Good idea with repurposing the trunk lock hole, wish I coulda done that. Door locks don't stop anyone, if anything, it's less repair you have to do if someone does try it.

Regarding the pin on deck lid... use Wehrs Machine for the hardware. Their pins are gun drilled aluminum which are just super cool, plus they sell adjustable flanges (no more hose) and the best part is all of their pin mounting options.

http://www.wehrsmachine.com/catalog...sult&search_in_description=1&keyword=Hood+pin

Here's that pin mount I mentioned. I like my mounts, by these are cleaner.

http://www.wehrsmachine.com/catalog...id=618&zenid=408d80a3135e4f200c4407aa3938d689

Last edited:
Your lock hole is in lid I think so that switch location wouldn't work anyway.,

Yeah that's what I was referring to. That's exactly what I'd have done if I could have. I always liked the 69 Plymouth B decklid and how it wraps down... until I relocated the battery. No pics yet, but I decided to drill my hole under the passenger taillight like Mr. Bobtile.

Nice pins, but what are the eyebolt/banjo pin things for?

Not 100% sure about your trunk, but if you pin the decklid I think you'll need something to mount the pins but space them out away from the body and into a the decklid.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back