• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Beep Beep! 1971 Road Runner Coming Through!

71snobird

Local time
12:30 AM
Reaction score
After searching for several months with no luck, my wife suggested that I try Marketplace. The summer of 2021 was almost over and my quest for a great muscle car was ending. I didn't know exactly what I was looking for; I just knew I'd know it when I saw it. And then it caught my eye. It stood out like no other car ever had. The listing read "1971 Plymouth Prowler". I didn't know they made those in 1971 but that's what I wanted.

The gentleman on the phone said it was still for sale. He provided details about some modifications he made to the car and then said "the listing is incorrect. It's actually a Plymouth Road Runner". I laughed out loud, and then I wanted it even more. At the age of 50, I was about to enter the world of MoPar.

My wife and I immediately took the road trip from Minnesota to Wisconsin to look at the car. I am not joking about this at all, but about half way to our destination an actual Road Runner bird ran across the road in front of my truck. I thought for sure I was going to hit it, but it was too fast! My wife and I both agreed that it was a sign from God to buy the car. So we did. And a week later the farmer delivered it to our home in Minnesota.

That was two years ago and since then it has been a very positive experience. The best part for me is meeting fellow Mopar enthusiasts and learning all about these factory muscle cars. Mine is a decent driving project and a little Ratty. It's an automatic that came with the 340 and the N96 option which are both gone. The farmer put a 360 in it that runs okay. It still needs some work and I look forward to all of it. I'm all in. I get it now. It's MoPar or no car! Thank you everyone and have a great day! ✌️

image.jpg

IMG_20231021_083056718.jpg

Design by John Herlitz. In Clay. Sweet.

Congrats on acquiring your Mopar and welcome to FBBO!!

Road Runner Sweet It Is.jpg

Welcome from the central coast of Cal. Great score and story. Have an eldest bro in Bemidji.

IMG_4149.jpeg

Cool ride

Welcome to FBBO

have fun with the 71 RR

Welcome from Alabama, the 71-72 Plymouth B bodies are great looking cars, and yours doesn't look ratty to me.

newwelcome.jpg
Great car to start with!
I'm calling BS on the actual roadrunner bird being seen in MN though - that's a few thousand
miles from their native habitat. :)

Welcome from PA!

Road Runners are great cars and they bring smiles wherever you go - especially on the owner's face!

Welcome to the site! And take care of those cool side marker lights....they are a 1 year only deal from what I understand but know they are cool looking. @moparedtn The Road Runner has been sited in Missouri and well, MN isn't that much further....

Welcome to the site! And take care of those cool side marker lights....they are a 1 year only deal from what I understand but know they are cool looking. @moparedtn The Road Runner has been sited in Missouri and well, MN isn't that much further....
Yeah, what's 800-1000 miles between friends eh? :rofl:

Auto Transport Service
Back