• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Beethoven 9th symphonie 200 anniversary.

coronet68mx

Local time
3:06 PM
Reaction score
Today, around the world, we, as a humanity, celebrate what is perhaps the most iconic and greatest musical composition ever created, the 9th symphony, nothing after or before can be compared to this master piece, part of humanity cultural heritage, concerts around the world is performing to enjoy the perfection in music, Beethoven never imagined that his composition would transcend time and space and will go on to the generations to come, today am attending a concert in Mexico city with the national symphonic with a chorus of 80 singers, I think all the human beings should dedicate at least an hour and 20 minutes to enjoy this symphony, the fourth movement in my opinion has a divine touch and its an anthem to brotherhood, so please take a moment today and enjoy this masterpiece, this is my favorite performing , the thunder applause at the end is a living testimony of the greatness and genialiity of Beethoven.

Last edited:
1715114483200.png

Only 200? Feels so much older than that. It’s crazy how different music has become in 200 years and still have stuff 200 years old around.

I'm sure this is a great piece of music. Having grown up in the '50s and '60s, after 3 minutes or so, I want to hear something different.

Why is so much emphasis is put on these conductors and their spastic moves? It seems to me that the musicians are reading sheet music and after all their practicing, they could perform without acting like an 18th century sign language reader.

Why is so much emphasis is put on these conductors and their spastic moves? It seems to me that the musicians are reading sheet music and after all their practicing, they could perform without acting like an 18th century sign language reader.
Not so much as you said, the director is the only one with the entire music sheer, besides he leads the orchestra entry's and exits of the instruments, tempos, during rehearsals he calibrate the orchestra to one single tone so you can hear it right, during rehearsals, the director must give the instructions that he consider important to the musicians who make up an orchestral group. Their instructions can range from a nuance, a way of vibrating sounds or the way to unify the interpretation of a certain section of a work. He is also attentive to the tuning, the filling, the ensemble and the balance that the orchestra develops.

Keith Richards used to play bass cello for Beethoven back in the day.

The only 'Beethoven' that gives me pleasure is 'Roll over Beethoven' by Chuck Berry....

One of the most elegantly simple concert halls in the world is not a hall, but the Music Shed at Tanglewood, surrounded by the peaceful Berkshire mountains. It was the first, now there are many. At Tanglewood the last concert is always the Beethoven 9th, and the acoustics of the shed are so well designed that no amplification is needed under the shed and on the adjoining lawn. If you are anywhere in the East, don't miss it. " All men will become brothers" in German of course.

While some have a palate for caviar, mines more tuna.... The guy was born a few hundred miles from where I was born................. family. :lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back