• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Belvedere II with 318

68rrdream

Local time
9:56 AM
Reaction score
Good afternoon all!
Just curious how does a 1967 Belvedere II hardtop go with a stock 318/auto? I'm assuming not too slow but won't win any races.

It’s a 318, good cruising and all around engine.

Aaaaahhhh.... since you were so specific, the answer is different than what you may think.
Your basic B body with a 318 is indeed none too quick. It won't win a lot of races unless you're lined up against similar cars with similar displacement. Say someone in a 64 Impala with a 283 and 'glide lines up with you - no problem. Same with similar Fords. But it won't be very exciting to watch...
BUT! Since you said specifically a 67 Belvedere II with a 318... it's a little known fact that this combo, for this year only, is a uniquely engineered option that is blazingly fast and exceptionally valuable. Especially if the car is painted green... :)

Good afternoon all!
Just curious how does a 1967 Belvedere II hardtop go with a stock 318/auto? I'm assuming not too slow but won't win any races.
About a low 17 if everything's good

Aaaaahhhh.... since you were so specific, the answer is different than what you may think.
Your basic B body with a 318 is indeed none too quick. It won't win a lot of races unless you're lined up against similar cars with similar displacement. Say someone in a 64 Impala with a 283 and 'glide lines up with you - no problem. Same with similar Fords. But it won't be very exciting to watch...
BUT! Since you said specifically a 67 Belvedere II with a 318... it's a little known fact that this combo, for this year only, is a uniquely engineered option that is blazingly fast and exceptionally valuable. Especially if the car is painted green... :)
Lol, i feel like you're speaking from personal experience

You'll get decent gas mileage!
And now days isn't a bad thing. Both of my cars are small blocks and I drive them to other states to shows. Almost 20mpg. Burn tires a city block? Nope! I'm way past that.

And now days isn't a bad thing. Both of my cars are small blocks and I drive them to other states to shows. Almost 20mpg. Burn tires a city block? Nope! I'm way past that.
Not really looking to race or do burnouts but I believe any muscle car some have some get up and go to it

Good afternoon all!
You can juice up the Teen a bit. A 4 barrel and a recurved distributor does wonders. A 3.23 rear gear, and depending on how tall your tires are, can add a little zip without hurting mileage much. If you cam it up you might as well go for headers, and depending how radical, a higher stall converter and may be a bump in the rear gear to 3.55 or 3.73. You could do a 340/360 swap or a Magnum swap which is usually a sweet combination. You can also build a stroker. A 4" stroke 318 turn's it into a 390 (or so) a 340 a 415, and a 360 a 408.

A modern 5.7 or 392 Hemi conversion will give you more power, reliability, ease of use and easily give 20 mpg. Of course there’s a hefty price to pay for that, but you end up with an extremely reliable car that you can drive anywhere. I think as time goes in, you’ll see more and more of these swaps.

A modern 5.7 or 392 Hemi conversion will give you more power, reliability, ease of use and easily give 20 mpg. Of course there’s a hefty price to pay for that, but you end up with an extremely reliable car that you can drive anywhere. I think as time goes in, you’ll see more and more of these swaps.
Oh for sure! Now they even have a controller for the 8 speed. But everything about those swaps is expensive. I really want to hear one carbureted.

Don't let them pick on your 318! The most knowledgeable guy in mopar history tells you the truth!

you can come have mine when i finally pull it.. I love polys the cost of building one doesn't make sense to me.
That's the problem with them. If we at least had off the shelf pistons and aluminum heads I'd consider it.

that-escalated-quickly-300x300.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back