• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best place to find a nice ‘68 R/T to buy?

What’s the going rate for a black/black 440/4spd turn key in weekend condition these days?

This is still prime driving and show season and most people will still be using their cars even if they are planning on putting them up for sale. Keep looking and checking all your sites daily if possible, and in a couple months once the weather starts to turn there is usually a bit of an influx of cars for sale.

Try Hemmings, Mopar muscle, Smokey Mountain Traders.
Will do
This is still prime driving and show season and most people will still be using their cars even if they are planning on putting them up for sale. Keep looking and checking all your sites daily if possible, and in a couple months once the weather starts to turn there is usually a bit of an influx of cars for sale.
Thats been the daily ritual so far.. hoping to find something at turkey rod run.. if not the hunt continues.

It's not a charger or an R/T but there was just posted here on this site a stunner of a Orig 68 GTX. Lots of mechanical goodies. Not sure of all that other comfort stuff you're interested in. But I'd check it out because it's really a beauty - $68k. I just saw it on todays postings. Gray with black stripes. A beautiful combo. If I were looking - I'd give this one a very serious look. Manitoba, Canada. @SRT_Blubyu

Been looking for a but without luck.. checking the usual spots (BAT, ebay, autotempest and related sites, wanted forum, etc). im looking for opinions on good places to find a nice/excellent condition ‘68 R/T 4spd.. Turkey Rod Run? Thanks..
Have you started a wanted thread here on the site?

It's not a charger or an R/T but there was just posted here on this site a stunner of a Orig 68 GTX. Lots of mechanical goodies. Not sure of all that other comfort stuff you're interested in. But I'd check it out because it's really a beauty - $68k. I just saw it on todays postings. Gray with black stripes. A beautiful combo. If I were looking - I'd give this one a very serious look. Manitoba, Canada. @SRT_Blubyu
its lovely and quite a bargin.. but really would like a Charger. Thank you for pointing it out.. sweet ride with nice story!
Have you started a wanted thread here on the site?
Yes, a few actually because one got locked after a week or so???

Last edited:
Yes, a few actually because one got locked after a week or so???
I can't see a lot on my phone but your ad could have timed out because of inactivity or there were multiple ads open.

Guess thats not gonna happen.. vintage air it is. Factory 4spd is more important! This is a car to drive out of passion and engagement.
4 Spds are definitely more 'fun' to drive..... but in my experience somewhat slower ?
Mines a '69 440 Magnum/Auto un-restored, un-rebuilt, BONE-stock.... and I've lost count of the B-Body 4-sticks I've beaten in friendly challenges ?
I believe alot of the problem is rpm related .....
just say'in, I leave mine in "D" and let it shift by itself which it does right around 4,800- 5,000.... and it never fails I can hear yippee dippy shift stick bang'in ALOT higher thinking he's goin faster...... he ain't !
All they're doing is racing well into the downside of the power curve past 5K.... hence.... I can walk right on by them.
Morale of the story..... IMO, just shift the damn 4 stick earlier if it's stock ?

yea.. the 4spds have more engagement in the experience.. Id consider an auto also if the other options/condition/price mix is correct.. still hunting..

Try Hemmings, Mopar muscle, Smokey Mountain Traders.
Plus SMT has great eye candy...

1663416896364.png

1663416916476.png

1663416939511.png

1663416960986.png

Been looking for a but without luck.. checking the usual spots (BAT, ebay, autotempest and related sites, wanted forum, etc). im looking for opinions on good places to find a nice/excellent condition ‘68 R/T 4spd.. Turkey Rod Run? Thanks..

Here's one for you .....

Sold for just under $70k. So with tax and BAT fees about $75k. I guess that was a good deal? :)

Looks like a nice car. What do you think is going on with this fender to grill gap though. Aftermarket fender? Or just a weird angle of the picture?
Screenshot_20220928-180239_Samsung Internet.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back