• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best place to find a nice ‘68 R/T to buy?

I don't mind the look of the side marker delete but makes me question everything else.

that one has nothing on this one..

1969 Dodge Charger

sigh... started out looking promising..but then.

The shiney paint did indeed look promising for about 15 seconds until I started reading..... "True R/T" but with a 383 ?
Bwahahahaha

Take ur time.... and remember, "everything comes to he who waits" ?

Finding a 'real' R/T in factory X9 Black with REAL McCoy Documentation/History and Fender Tag/B-Sheet, etc., etc., in either a '68 or '69 model may be difficult.... so be prepared when the time comes.

Bit they are GREAT for getting the groceries with the Big Trunks too !

thumbnail_IMG_2772.jpg

Last edited:
The shiney paint did indeed look promising for about 15 seconds until I started reading..... "True R/T" but with a 383 ?
Bwahahahaha

Take ur time.... and remember, "everything comes to he who waits" ?

Finding a 'real' R/T in factory X9 Black with REAL McCoy Documentation/History and Fender Tag/B-Sheet, etc., etc., in either a '68 or '69 model may be difficult.... so be prepared when the time comes.

Bit they are GREAT for getting the groceries with the Big Trunks too !

View attachment 1350423
yea, thats a flip by that dealer.. i found the original listing from the orig owner/seller from june on ebay.. said the 440 was replaced in the '90s with a "built" 383.. car was originally F5 Green I think he said.. too many blemishes on that car for the money.. hell it didnt even have a gas pedal. these flippers are crazy.. there is a nice black resto mod asking $189k lizted right now that looks like its been flipped 3 times by dealers recently.. of corse all adding markup.

sigh.. would love to find one from the owner who did the restoration/has the history.. no under-carriage shmoo slatered all over it.. 440.. true RT.. dont even really care about numbers matching.. im finding out its way harder than it looks to find one thats not in a color id like to avoid.. the hunt continues.. everyday.

yea, thats a flip by that dealer.. i found the original listing from the orig owner/seller from june on ebay.. said the 440 was replaced in the '90s with a "built" 383.. car was originally F5 Green I think he said.. too many blemishes on that car for the money.. hell it didnt even have a gas pedal. these flippers are crazy.. there is a nice black resto mod asking $189k lizted right now that looks like its been flipped 3 times by dealers recently.. of corse all adding markup.

sigh.. would love to find one from the owner who did the restoration/has the history.. no under-carriage shmoo slatered all over it.. 440.. true RT.. dont even really care about numbers matching.. im finding out its way harder than it looks to find one thats not in a color id like to avoid.. the hunt continues.. everyday.
IMO, People are funny.... because when I tried selling mine a few years back all I ever got was lowballs ?
Even when I specifically stated the Price was "Firm" in the Ad....
and even when I reiterated verbally to people who called, "Firm"....
some even replying,
"as long as it's same as advertised no problem with full price"
then,
a few did arrange and come look... verify everything as described.... even agree everything exactly as described ?
then phone back later ? and offer me lower !

"click"....

my apologies for the rant, just say'in..... it's good to know what you are looking for so when you FIND it you know what to do !
and you will....

almost the opposit of my experience.. flew half way across the country to check out an option before buying and was anything but what was described.. stupid me only bought a 1-way ticket thinking id drive it home.. so a premium was paid to get back same day needless to say.. waste of time and money.. I was pretty pissed. Lesson learned..

almost the opposit of my experience.. flew half way across the country to check out an option before buying and was anything but what was described.. stupid me only bought a 1-way ticket thinking id drive it home.. so a premium was paid to get back same day needless to say.. waste of time and money.. I was pretty pissed. Lesson learned..
That sucks....

4 Spds are definitely more 'fun' to drive..... but in my experience somewhat slower ?
Mines a '69 440 Magnum/Auto un-restored, un-rebuilt, BONE-stock.... and I've lost count of the B-Body 4-sticks I've beaten in friendly challenges ?
I believe alot of the problem is rpm related .....
just say'in, I leave mine in "D" and let it shift by itself which it does right around 4,800- 5,000.... and it never fails I can hear yippee dippy shift stick bang'in ALOT higher thinking he's goin faster...... he ain't !
All they're doing is racing well into the downside of the power curve past 5K.... hence.... I can walk right on by them.
Morale of the story..... IMO, just shift the damn 4 stick earlier if it's stock ?
Have you ever run this down the track?

Have you ever run this down the track?
Nope..... but I've had friendly contests two that have claiming low 14's/High 13's, an A-Body Duster 340 4spd and a 396 Nova respectively.... the latter definitely full of sh*t.... NO contest, I don't think that thing was right at all ?
and the Dustbin was 2 outa 3 really close runs, more just who didn't spin off the line.

Auto Transport Service
Back