• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Quality Parts Vendor Suggestions 62 Dart re-commission

TTha
As you can see in the photos I posted it's the same tank. I bought mine from Spectra when they were vendors at Chryslers at Carlisle one year and that was the tank they sold me. Perfect match, perfect fit.

You'll find when owning a '62 that a lot of parts are not listed for the '62 but are the same as a newer vehicle. Also they get left out of a lot of listings when looking for parts.

I see Rock Auto list one and they only have one left. I believe it was $181 which is a lot cheaper than any listings I've seen. Some were over $400. If you look up a gas tank for a '62 Dodge Dart on Rock Auto they don't show a tank for it. If you type in CR12A they show one. I'd contact them to make sure their inventory is correct. Just ask about the part number, don't tell them what you're working on.
SPECTRA PREMIUM CR12A Fuel Tank | RockAuto

Good luck.
Thanks buddy... You have confirmed all I suspected about these beautiful models!
Obviously being all the way over here in Oz does complicate things a little bit I will give Rock Auto a call tomorrow... I notice they had plenty of options for Brake components too... At a minimum I need brake shoes, with NO Asbestos content,.would you rate the "Raybestos" brand components?

TTha

Thanks buddy... You have confirmed all I suspected about these beautiful models!
Obviously being all the way over here in Oz does complicate things a little bit I will give Rock Auto a call tomorrow... I notice they had plenty of options for Brake components too... At a minimum I need brake shoes, with NO Asbestos content,.would you rate the "Raybestos" brand components?

Well the "non asbestos" linings don't work as good in my opinion but they do okay. There's several threads on here about brake linings for classic cars that might be better than off the shelf ones but are more expensive also.

There were several changes made in the brake shoe frames throughout the years. Different shaped holes for the e-brake lever, the top spring holes were changed. So relined shoes you buy at NAPA or elsewhere might be different than what you originally have. Could still work but compare pictures if you can.

Okay thanks... The issue is we can NOT important Asbestos whatsoever into the country that's why I must source new, asbestos free shoes... Did you ever replace your shoes at all? And so you have any feedback on the "Raybestos" brand?

Okay thanks... The issue is we can NOT important Asbestos whatsoever into the country that's why I must source new, asbestos free shoes... Did you ever replace your shoes at all? And so you have any feedback on the "Raybestos" brand?

There hasn't been any asbestos used in brake linings here in the States for many years. Buying new ones you won't have a problem. Only if you happened to find a set of NOS from back in the 70s you would have a problem.

I did replace mine with a NAPA brand. They very well might have been Raybestos. Raybestos is a very good brand.

There hasn't been any asbestos used in brake linings here in the States for many years. Buying new ones you won't have a problem. Only if you happened to find a set of NOS from back in the 70s you would have a problem.

I did replace mine with a NAPA brand. They very well might have been Raybestos. Raybestos is a very good brand.
Awesome, thanks heaps for your kind assistance!

Auto Transport Service
Back