• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Reproduction Door Handles

dodge68charger

Local time
9:51 AM
Reaction score
Looking For Some New Exterior Door Handles For My 69 Satellite..

Any Recommendations On What Company To Buy From? I Dont Want Overseas Junk Lol

Thanks

Dales Cuda Shop sells the best ones out there imo. Richard @69bfan and others purchased DCS last year and could fill you in on the handles.

I've read here on FBBO that reproduction handles for '66/'67 where not of the best quality so I had my original handles re-chromed for less than the cost of reproductions. Buttons too.

Murray Park has some for $75.00 BUT they are repop. May I however suggest Tony's Parts in Delaware, or Mopar City that is closing down. These 2 will have originals...

Screenshot_2020-11-02-00-51-27.jpg

The handles that we offer are cast here in the US and plated in Mexico. Not the cheapest handles that are available, but quality plating does not come cheap. You will find reproductions from $45 to $125.

Be aware that some of the handles that are advertised as factory original handles are the 72 to 93 Dodge truck handles. The profile is very close until you install them and notice a slight gap at the door shell to the handle itself.

Also know that the spring and ball mechanism may vary from how your car was equipped vs what you will get with a replacement handle. You will simply just swap out with our original mechanism which is just held in place with a phillip screw.

The other thing to ask is if your doing an early production car, prior to January 1st, 69, is those cars used the black push button. All of us vendors charge more for the handles with the black button, but you can simply change out the button if you change out the mechanism, it is the same screw holding the assembly together.

For those looking for the overall best scenario, rechroming a good set of originals is the best choice. But most chrome shops will end up charging you significantly more than what the more expensive reproductions cost.

I believe those truck handles also angle down at the outside quite a bit when installed on a car.

Auto Transport Service
Back