• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Torque Wrench

Still using the clicker I bought back in '66.

Oh yeah, still have one of these as well................and it works.
IMG_0452.JPG

Wow a land line, old school. Woodstock I would drive through there every day going to work at Johnson motors. Bought my first house in Round Lake. Moved away to Colorado in 81, boy things have changed back there since then.
Bob

Just a little inside tip, CDI does make Snap On's torque wrenches. Also, if you need one repaired, check out Angle Repair out of WV, they do almost every MFGs warranty repairs. Shhh

Just a little inside tip, CDI does make Snap On's torque wrenches. Also, if you need one repaired, check out Angle Repair out of WV, they do almost every MFGs warranty repairs. Shhh
Thanks Paul...that was mentioned earlier in the thread on the manufacturer....

The second part of your post is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Said right in the instructions not to do that.
I have a 3/4" drive braker why would I want to use a 1/2" drive torque wrench?
I know.
My school had an excellent automotive shop. Some rich person donated millions.
Snap on everything.
Shop teacher caught One of my pals (a really stupid kid) using the torque wrench to break lug nuts loose. Teacher had a coniption.

Trent

I thought so....I was about to send you a pm wondering if you did that, lol....
I've only seen 1 person stupid enough to use a torque wrench as a breaker.
Fortunately shortly after graduation 20 years ago he found his true calling, flipping burgers.

I've only seen 1 person stupid enough to use a torque wrench as a breaker.
Fortunately shortly after graduation 20 years ago he found his true calling, flipping burgers.
:rofl:
Fitting indeed....

Reminds me of a friend who was checking spark by himself. Couldn't believe he told me about that. So he hooks up the bump starter and takes the #1plug with wire holds it in his bare hand......shocked the piss out of him, lol....

That guy is in jail last I heard..lol

Fitting indeed....

Reminds me of a friend who was checking spark by himself. Couldn't believe he told me about that. So he hooks up the bump starter and takes the #1plug with wire holds it in his bare hand......shocked the piss out of him, lol....

That guy is in jail last I heard..lol
But at least he had spark.
:lol:

Fitting indeed....

That guy is in jail last I heard
..lol

now that's a shocker!

He squealed like Ned in deliverance, lol....
When I was a teenager I was working on my '71 383 Challenger and got WHACKED with an MSD box. I had to take a seat right there on the curb for a good 15 minutes. I learned my lesson NOT to lean on the car and complete the ground.

When I was a teenager I was working on my '71 383 Challenger and got WHACKED with an MSD box. I had to take a seat right there on the curb for a good 15 minutes. I learned my lesson NOT to lean on the car and complete the ground.
Lol no kidding....

I got nailed with an old "hit and miss" IHC magneto it literally knocked me on my azz.

Auto Transport Service
Back