• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Torque Wrench

I've got a Snap On click wrench that I've had for about 30 years. No problems with it whatsoever.

Thats a young one at only 30 years.
Ya! This summer I sent my 1/2" click-type Penncraft (JC Penny) to a scientific testing firm (test cost more than the wrench) for its first calibration check since new in 1969. Damned if it didn't pass with flying colors!
Mike

Just don't drop it and never let it sit tourqed. Mine still gets stored in its original cardboard box.
I expect it to last a life time.

Just don't drop it and never let it sit tourqed. Mine still gets stored in its original cardboard box.
I expect it to last a life time.
Use it for a breaker bar

I appreciate everyones input, Thank you! I chose the Snap on.....

This is a new unused unit I got off of eBay....
IMG_1704.JPG
IMG_1705.JPG
IMG_1706.JPG
IMG_1707.JPG

Looks nice and came in a decent case to boot. Good going.
Plus it was a 100 bucks cheaper than a brand new one 2017/18 model.....This model hasn't changed in several years...

Looks like a nice one! :thumbsup:

And here I am still using my beam type torque wrenches.

Looks like a nice one! :thumbsup:

And here I am still using my beam type torque wrenches.
I still have one, I'm sure lots of us do. Just easier to use the click style.
Up until last year I still had a land line w a rotary dialer.

I still have one, I'm sure lots of us do. Just easier to use the click style.
Up until last year I still had a land line w a rotary dialer.

True, they are easier to use. But mine gets the job done and will no doubt last as long as I need them to.
A rotary? Haven't seen one of those for years except on the old TV shows. Remember phone booths?

True, they are easier to use. But mine gets the job done and will no doubt last as long as I need them to.
A rotary? Haven't seen one of those for years except on the old TV shows. Remember phone booths?
Still have one in town. No lies.

Got an old Craftsman bear torque wrench 40 years old had it checked for first time this year, right on. unless you use every day old is a safe bet.

My old craftsman became unreadable through the site glass, handle all messed up, dropped a dozens times etc....Had it for over 20 years.....

I always said whenever that one wears out. I am going to step up to a higher quality brand...

Overall, I wasn't searching for the economical choice but the best choice to fit my needs and wants....Hence, the Snap On unit was it....

I am very happy with it and glad I chose this one.....

Also, the #2 choice was the CDI...With the ebay one 100 bucks cheaper than the new Snap On and a new CDI a little bit less than the ebay one I got...is where the buck/choice fell...

My old craftsman became unreadable through the site glass, handle all messed up, dropped a dozens times etc....Had it for over 20 years.....

I always said whenever that one wears out. I am going to step up to a higher quality brand...

Overall, I wasn't searching for the economical choice but the best choice to fit my needs and wants....Hence, the Snap On unit was it....

I am very happy with it and glad I chose this one.....

Also, the #2 choice was the CDI...With the ebay one 100 bucks cheaper than the new Snap On and a new CDI a little bit less than the ebay one I got...is where the buck/choice fell...
You planing on droping this one?

lol.....it will be treated like a baby......I may make a special diaper for it...:lol:
I hear they also work well as breaker bars. Put a pipe on the end of it and breaks loose some tractor lugs.

I hear they also work well as breaker bars. Put a pipe on the end of it and breaks loose some tractor lugs.
Thankfully, I don't own nor plan to own a tractor...but I did stay at a Holiday inn Express awhile back...lol

Auto Transport Service
Back