• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best way to value 68 charger R/T?

Got a link to that?
Colors, 4 spd or Auto, lotsa factors to valuations but this is what hagerty is showing ?
Screenshot 2022-09-30 at 08-45-22 1968 Dodge Charger R_T Hagerty Valuation Tools.png

And following very closely behind in valuations according to Hagerty are the 1969 models....
and again,
with things like Colors/Options like 4 spd or Auto etc. accounting for huge differences
and
the "new" for 1969 "SE" option if added on the R/T model adding 15%

Screenshot 2022-09-30 at 08-49-23 1969 Dodge Charger R_T Hagerty Valuation Tools.png

Of course the 68 would be worth more.

:thumbsup:

Yeah I guess Hagerty track Auctions and verified Dealer as well as Private Collector sales ?
As long as 'verifiable' is my understanding.....
and,
the 1968 models are top dawg price-wise !

But again.... TONS of factors Colors/Options/Collectible/Provenance... all personal preferences obviously but that can affect prices dramatically ?

And I believe one of the biggest often overlooked factors to realizing best price at any sale being the "marketing" ?
Just my opinion.... but I believe we've all seen some real ****-heaps of any YEAR pull HUGE $$$$ for no other reason that being well exposed with very professional marketing ?
and conversely,
some real cherry examples in all 3 model years getting flipped 3-4 times in quick succession of improved marketing each step upwards to full realized valuation ?

And I believe one of the biggest often overlooked factors to realizing best price at any sale being the "marketing" ?
Just my opinion.... but I believe we've all seen some real ****-heaps of any YEAR pull HUGE $$$$ for no other reason that being well exposed with very professional marketing ?
and conversely,
some real cherry examples in all 3 model years getting flipped 3-4 times in quick succession of improved marketing each step upwards to full realized valuation ?
aint that the truth.... saw those values on hagerty. in line what im expecting.. except having a hard time finding 'em. ha

The 1970 440 Six Pack, Pistol Grip 4 Speed has to have a pretty high #. Only year available on the ‘68-‘70. :D

The 1970 440 Six Pack, Pistol Grip 4 Speed has to have a pretty high #. Only year available on the ‘68-‘70. :D
Only 349 4 speed V code 70 Charger R/Ts built,and 337 built with automatic transmissions.

I've seen nicer 1 ower nut/both cars sell for less more recent than that.. in better color also (imho). The market was on fire in May.. things cooling off a bit.. but still in crazy land sometimes.

LOL.... the entire world seems to be 'crazy land' nowadays.

3 bags of groceries = $150-$175 here in Canada
and
people are still out Buying Pontoon Boats for $80K, New Trucks can be $80K to $100K ?
just say'in....
why should 68-70 Charger's be any different ?

Although with interest rates rising ? the party may be coming to an abrupt halt along with the rest of the economy.

Good Luck in the hunt.... as long as you know what you're in for when the time comes and the 'right one' comes along.

Since 1968s are far more desirable, that now makes my 1968 R/T survivor worth at least 185-195 large!!!!

View attachment 1352427
Put some clothes on will you please, for Christ sakes! Lol. The Red survivor 68 Charger R/T you have is an amazing time capsule that someone would surely pay a premium for in the current market!

Auto Transport Service
Back