• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

beware

:fool: Has anyone stop at the Bong Recreational Area just across the Wisconsin state line. If you think this is made up…it’s not. Only in Wisconsin!

No worries Mario, I like the Bears too as well as The Vikings. The whole black & blue conference. I think it takes someone special to play football at those cold temps. Hits hurt like hell; even after you thaw out!
Then you need therapy which is .........................
:drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks:
:lol: Kinda funny how easy it is to get off on a tangent!

That's part of what makes this forum great!!

thread hijack.jpg

Speaking of cheese, I once had a recipe for cheese & ale soup. It was great!

Tease..now you gotta go find it!! :poke:

I know, as a few posted, this thread has run off the rails…hope the OP doesn’t mind! But, ya mention cold…as a WI-nite haven’t liked winters here for decades. The older you get, the worse it is. Last Packers game I went to was Reggie White’s last game. Weather had been nice up until game day…then got frigid. Lambeau field has aluminum bench seats and we’re packed in like sardines. Have a beer or two when it’s cold? Piss time arrives fast. Waited in line to drain forever and finally reach the can and guys are peeing in the sinks as I’m opening up my insulated Carhartt bib’s and a few more layers to locate my wheener that wasn’t in any mood to see daylight. That piss trip consumed about an entire quarter of the game! Among the reasons past and present this was the last game I attended.

We drive by the Richard L. Bong Center in Superior Wi on our way to the border waters every year.

Bong_CMYK.png

Once designated to be a jet fighter base, Richard Bong State Recreation Area is named after Major Richard I. Bong, a Poplar, WI native who was America's leading air ace during World War II. The air base was abandoned three days before concrete was to be poured for a 12,500-foot runway. Local citizens had the foresight to protect this open space for future generations.

Richard "Dick" Ira Bong (September 24, 1920 – August 6, 1945) was a United States Army Air Forces major and Medal of Honorrecipient in World War II. He was one of the most decorated American fighter pilots and the country's top flying ace in the war, credited with shooting down 40 Japanese aircraft, all with the Lockheed P-38 Lightning fighter. He died in California while testing a Lockheed P-80 jet fighter shortly before the war ended. Bong was posthumously inducted into the National Aviation Hall of Fame in 1986 and has several commemorative monuments named in his honor around the world, including a recreation area, a neighborhood terrace, a theater, a veterans historical center, an airport, two bridges, and several avenues and streets, including the street leading to the National Museum of the United States Air Force in Dayton, Ohio.

If they really did the bong thing, they could change the name a tad to (Veterans Histerical Center) ! :D

Nice man boobs on Batman. I think the "R" stands for retard.
He might be a retard but Burt Ward didn't do much acting other than Robin and his net worth is 20 million.

Auto Transport Service
Back