• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Big Shout Out for Sahara

66 Sat

Local time
9:26 AM
Reaction score
Big thanks to Sahara - he was offering the Polar Bear shaped licence plates and I requested one which he duly sent all the way from nearly the North Pole to down under. Wouldn't accept any payment. It arrived yesterday and the kids loved it! It now has pride of place on my garage wall.
A boomerang or something similar will be making its way North shortly as a thank you.
What a great guy, there is hope for world yet.
20210106_204305.jpg

Big thanks to Sahara - he was offering the Polar Bear shaped licence plates and I requested one which he duly sent all the way from nearly the North Pole to down under. Wouldn't accept any payment. It arrived yesterday and the kids loved it! It now has pride of place on my garage wall.
A boomerang or something similar will be making its way North shortly as a thank you.
What a great guy, there is hope for world yet.
View attachment 1051044

He done the exact same for me as well a few months ago! Great guy for sure.

but the California one don't have a lot of value, lol . should have picked one up from alaska when I was there a few years ago.

Last edited:
but the California one don't have a lot of value, lol . should have picked one up from alaskea when I was there a few years ago.
I was going to say something similar. I know it's a California Black plate, and if it was originally on your car, I can see why you would keep it, but otherwise why?

A California black plate is probably a little rarer in Australia than it is here, not that that makes it worth anything, but it's probably a good conversation piece in Australia.

Thank you for the kind words! This site and the community of
people here are important to me, it’s one of the few ways that I can contribute.
The offer still stands, I have a few plates left if anyone here wants one.

I was going to say something similar. I know it's a California Black plate, and if it was originally on your car, I can see why you would keep it, but otherwise why?
The California plate was off a 69 Barracuda that I bought on a coast to coast trip across the USA about 25 years ago. I actually got married in that car in a drive through wedding in Vegas (classy I know).
20201122_180106.jpg

Thank you for the kind words! This site and the community of
people here are important to me, it’s one of the few ways that I can contribute.
The offer still stands, I have a few plates left if anyone here wants one.
Oh hell yeah, put me down for one!!

The California plate was off a 69 Barracuda that I bought on a coast to coast trip across the USA about 25 years ago. I actually got married in that car in a drive through wedding in Vegas (classy I know).
View attachment 1051214
Pretty awesome story. I LOVE the stories behind this hobby.

That is so awesome. I love the great people here.

Auto Transport Service
Back