• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Big Surprise NFL!

Bruzilla

Local time
8:40 AM
Reaction score
https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/9/17/16322710/rams-chargers-attendance-usc-texas

The Los Angeles Rams are trending upward. A rocky first season in L.A. gave way to a 1-0 start in 2017. Last year’s worst offensive team exploded for 46 points against the Colts, giving former No. 1 overall pick Jared Goff his first win as a starting quarterback and setting the tone for a promising year.

The local fans, however, haven’t seemed to notice.

The Rams hosted Washington on Sunday in front of a mostly-empty stadium, casting doubt on whether the City of Angels is a premier market for one NFL franchise, let alone two. The red and white seatbacks of Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum were plainly visible throughout the first quarter as a smattering of fans took in the action live.

One would think that after the LA market let two different franchises fall and leave that the NFL would have learned that LA is big but not a football town. Nope... they didn't, and foolishly decided to give them not on a third team but a fourth as well, and both are failing. What a shock.

Bad Stadiums, Bad Teams, better things to do.. All add up to poor attendance at Football games in L.A. We support 2 baseball teams, 2 Basketball teams (Even the Flippers could fill a house once in a while), 2 Hockey teams.. The Rams had better do something quick about the fan experience or this will be short lived.. And Eff the Chargers!!

It's not just L.A.. It's S.F., Chicago, Detroit, and all the other cities that have teams that have Felony players that only care about their own personal, mental, and emotional problems and displaying them on the field during the National anthem. It's has nothing to do with how many teams a city has. Take off the blinders and get a F-in clue people!

It's not just L.A.. It's S.F., Chicago, Detroit, and all the other cities that have teams that have Felony players that only care about their own personal, mental, and emotional problems and displaying them on the field during the National anthem. It's has nothing to do with how many teams a city has. Take off the blinders and get a F-in clue people!
I totally agree, I have always been an avid fan of the NFL and the Chiefs till mid season last year. Now I hope they all fail I have better things to do with my time.

My wife and I were watching a little Sunday..mostly from boredom and she said that the stadiums didn't quite look very full. She was right. If the NFL doesn't unscrew itself quick...there won't be anything left. I can always find a car to work on....

AMEN to that!

I am a rams fan. I have been one since the early 80s & I will always will be. No matter there record. Im hoping the rams can do good this year & shut some people up.

Bad Stadiums, Bad Teams, better things to do.. All add up to poor attendance at Football games in L.A. We support 2 baseball teams, 2 Basketball teams (Even the Flippers could fill a house once in a while), 2 Hockey teams.. The Rams had better do something quick about the fan experience or this will be short lived.. And Eff the Chargers!!
Here in Jacksonville, they have four college football teams (Florida Gators, Florida State Seminoles, Georgia Bulldogs, and Miami Hurricanes) who draw as much fan support and $$$ as the center hump of the NFL. They also had a fan base split between the Miami Dolphins and Tampa Bay Buccaneers. And on top of all that, a large percentage of the folks living in the area are military, retired military, or retirees who come from other areas of the country and bring their own team allegiances with them.

Given all that, the NFL put the Jaguars here and for the most part have been able to fill the stadium from the start, which to me was nothing short of amazing given what they were up against. The support started dropping off after six or seven years, but they were going great guns out of the box, so I find it doubtful that all that competition in LA is the cause of the problem.

Did ya see my Skins beat the Rams? Yay for me!! Lol!

Here in Jacksonville, they have four college football teams (Florida Gators, Florida State Seminoles, Georgia Bulldogs, and Miami Hurricanes) who draw as much fan support and $$$ as the center hump of the NFL. They also had a fan base split between the Miami Dolphins and Tampa Bay Buccaneers. And on top of all that, a large percentage of the folks living in the area are military, retired military, or retirees who come from other areas of the country and bring their own team allegiances with them.

Given all that, the NFL put the Jaguars here and for the most part have been able to fill the stadium from the start, which to me was nothing short of amazing given what they were up against. The support started dropping off after six or seven years, but they were going great guns out of the box, so I find it doubtful that all that competition in LA is the cause of the problem.
We could support 2 NFL Teams, but not the old tired recycled crap that we are getting.. The Raiders would draw a much larger audience then the Chargers and Lams.. But like Florida, the competition is not teams, it is entertainment dollar, and none of the L.A. have a return on investment...

We could support 2 NFL Teams, but not the old tired recycled crap that we are getting.. The Raiders would draw a much larger audience then the Chargers and Lams.. But like Florida, the competition is not teams, it is entertainment dollar, and none of the L.A. have a return on investment...
Lams uh ! Like I said I pray that the RAMS do good & make people eat there words

My Ram fan days go back to Roman Gabriel and Merlin Olson and ended when they moved to St. Louis.. No words to eat, don't watch NFL, cause the owners care more about thier wallet then the fans, so eff it, I will watch Supercross and Motosports.

THIS.

LA is predominately immigrants, mostly legal, so I say...IF the Rams were a FISA soccer team(I think that is the correct acronym). how many fans would show up????

22384280_10156116124386336_7780561202553976808_o.png

Looks like the NFL is reading the handwriting on the wall. The owners are meeting this week to discuss a rule change that will make players stand during the anthem.

Auto Transport Service
Back