• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bitchin' Rides

Business rule #1 give the owner what he wants
he wants wild, 1 of a kind

I knew the MoPar crowd would cringe
at him doing anything to that car too
So did he :poke:

Not so sure about the Most Bitchin'ist MoPar part
But;
I'll say that, I don't care for some aspects of it
but if it's what the owners wanted, good on them !!,
it's not my car, to make that decision either...

the fabricators still do quality work
whether I like 'the styling' or not
that's what I get from the show

& people are talking about it
some not so good & some favorably

I personally think, most of George Barris builds
'was a total hack artist jobs, cheap *** plastics & Bondo buggies'
& some of the same people on here
seem to like or even love his work

I'm 59 & set in my ways,
but far less critical/negatively judgmental than others

I love day 2 cars
not too much on some customs
depends on the car & what the owner likes

but;
thank goodness not everyone builds the same ol' **** constantly
it'd be awfully damn boring 'purist' car hobby

to each their own

Last edited:
OK, take a breath it's just a car..Mopar or not.. If it were some rare vehicle, a Mopar, or dare I say a ford or gm then I can see a >.. Ohhh man you shouldn't do that. But I think ANY everyday car can be improved (except '68 Chargers :)) by an incredible designer like Kindig and his very talented employees. I would not want to see any special car, irregardless of make, cut up or customized other than what could easily put back to factory spec's. Me, I'm not a top chop guy. I like most roof lines on from the factory as designers usually do a great job and they look as I remember which is a big thing for me.

I was taken back a bit, when he claimed the roof line was a "Design Flaw" ! Really?
Thunder, .....Sonny had tears in his eyes........
..then one guys(dildo) says does not like mopars.....
DSCN0862 (640x480).jpg

There!...I feel better now.....(
1967 HEMI R/T......thunderous ride!.)

Business rule #1 give the owner what he wants
he wants wild, 1 of a kind

I knew the MoPar crowd would cringe
at him doing anything to that car too
So did he :poke:

Not so sure about the Most Bitchin'ist MoPar part
But;
I'll say that, I don't care for some aspects of it
but if it's what the owners wanted, good on them !!,
it's not my car, to make that decision either...

the fabricators still do quality work
whether I like 'the styling' or not
that's what I get from the show

& people are talking about it
some not so good & some favorably

I personally think, most of George Barris builds
'was a total hack artist jobs, cheap *** plastics & Bondo buggies'
& some of the same people on here
seem to like or even love his work

I'm 59 & set in my ways,
but far less critical/negatively judgmental than others

I love day 2 cars
not too much on some customs
depends on the car & what the owner likes

but;
thank goodness not everyone builds the same ol' **** constantly
it'd be awfully damn boring 'purist' car hobby

to each their own

:soapbox:Then do it to a 2dr coronet ...don't **** with a real R/T car...(just my humble opinion):(
872519_1.jpg

Sure looked like a cherry floor they hacked out of it. I guess we can only hope it went to a good cause as a donor piece for another Coronet. I just don't dig the rubber band tires and over sized wheels, but it does capture the Hot Wheels look in this particular case. As stated before, they could have used a base Coronet rather than an RT - if it was a real RT.

:soapbox:Then do it to a 2dr coronet ...don't **** with a real R/T car...(just my humble opinion):(
View attachment 709322

Sounds like anything but humble :eek: ..but I get it, maybe not an R/T and I don't like the front anyway but money talks whether we like it or not.. I see 2nd gen. Corvettes with new modern chassis and drive trains but I can live with it because it's appearance is the same, and old corvettes rode like a stage coach. We happen to love :lowdown:Mopars but in the world ..hold on for this.. they're a blank slate for somebody to do what they think is an improvement. It's the hot rods code. IMHO. :popcorn2:Now that's humble

Last edited:
i saw the previews also, and the look on his face when he said he was gonna chop it. he knew he was gonna get some **** over that. its funny how when someone goes against the original enginnering or style of a mopar the witch hunt is on not so much or at all when they chop up a chevy. thats what i like about the mopar community, its like its part of the family and someone's messing with it. :moparsmiley::moparsmiley::moparsmiley::moparsmiley: :usflag:
Mopar is the brand of altered cars, they pioneered more crazy ideas than just about any other brand so to me it seams fitting to keep hot rodding the brand.

I haven't found many pictures of it yet but from what I've seen I'm digging it. The way I see it is people don't rip on others who choose to build them back to all original yet the OE guys (not all) don't hesitate to rip the other side... just sayin.

The front rollpan didn't do anything for me. But the top chop, I think, actually didn't turn out too bad. Note nearly as noticeable as I thought it would. Dave has some real craftsman working for him. Whether you liked what they did to the R/T or not, I don't think you can argue the fact that they did some outstanding work.

Personally, I would not have modified THAT car. With the amount of work they performed on it, any Coronet would have been just fine, and that fine example of a 67 R/T could have been saved.

I wish I had .01% of that talent. As for cutting a real car. If you could afford that build the cost, the car to start with was a drop in the bucket. How much do you think the air dam or hood alone cost in labor? Ouch. Hate the wheels. Love the craftsmanship.
Doug

It did turn out nice though, as far as fabrication skills go. Even if you don't like the end result you gotta give them props. My favorite thing was the solid edge molding all along the front nose with splits for the hood gap. He bent that stock in the vise with heat applied. That looks like something I could do too. I will research the availability of 1.4 round stock. Had to have been aluminum right?

I can only imagine the stuff I could create with all of those tools and machines at my disposal...

Final product was pretty cool

the 24"x 15 rear rims aren't my style,
I like a bit more sidewall personally
my taste a 20" would have been better
& still capture the custom/pro-touring vibe
I do like 'they sort of mimic' the Magnum 500's
I do like the width of the tires & the stance

I like all the chassis work & suspension too

The front valance I don't like much
but it is a custom after all,
I think if it was set back more I may have liked it better
still quality craftsmanship, mad fabrication skills

I like the color too

Interior was pretty nice also

I don't hate the grill, It kind of growing on me :poke:

The owner was happy

I found a couple of the stills of it

67 Coronet RT Kindigit Design Bitchin Rides custom -front qtr.-.jpg

67 Coronet RT Kindigit Design Bitchin Rides custom -side-.jpg

67 Coronet RT Kindigit Design Bitchin Rides custom -front valance & driving lights-.jpg

Final product was pretty cool

the 24"x 15 rear rims aren't my style,
I like a bit more sidewall personally
my taste a 20" would have been better
& still capture the custom/pro-touring vibe
I do like 'they sort of mimic' the Magnum 500's
I do like the width of the tires & the stance

I like all the chassis work & suspension too

The front valance I don't like much
but it is a custom after all,
I think if it was set back more I may have liked it better
still quality craftsmanship, mad fabrication skills

I like the color too

Interior was pretty nice also

I don't hate the grill, It kind of growing on me :poke:

The owner was happy

I found a couple of the stills of it

View attachment 713473

View attachment 713474

View attachment 713475
Yeah, the front end looks "heavy" to me. Less would have been more there. I don't like the hood. Do like the roof. Like the roll pan under the rear. Like the front grill and trim. Dash is cool but the console is too huge. Color is nice.

I noticed they never showed a good picture of the rear of the car.

wondering what they charge to do something like that 250k ? not that i would or could afford it.

They build some amazing cars but I had to quit watching the show. I have heard the word bitchen way too many times

wondering what they charge to do something like that 250k ? not that i would or could afford it.
It would not surprise me if it were close to double that. I am willing to bet there is 100K in materials and labor just to prep and paint the body.

Sounds like anything but humble :eek: ..but I get it, maybe not an R/T and I don't like the front anyway but money talks whether we like it or not.. I see 2nd gen. Corvettes with new modern chassis and drive trains but I can live with it because it's appearance is the same, and old corvettes rode like a stage coach. We happen to love :lowdown:Mopars but in the world ..hold on for this.. they're a blank slate for somebody to do what they think is an improvement. It's the hot rods code. IMHO. :popcorn2:Now that's humble

That's what Chebby's are for.......MOPAR MEN are a different breed than customizer's that do it to tally up the $$$$$$$$.....sorry I don't get it...

not to mention many end up god - awful ugly....
1956-chevrolet-0121-jpg.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back