• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blackbird's 73 Roadrunner Clone...

Got all the lights working accept the reverse tail lights...just need an alignment and this car is road worthy

I keep forgetting to take pictures but I have half the exhaust bolted up. and the interior is almost finished. almost ready to start the body prep

posting some pics after its in primer just need a dry day for sanding and paint prep

Primer

IMG_0446[1].jpgIMG_0447[1].jpgIMG_0448[1].jpgIMG_0449[1].jpgIMG_0450[1].jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Its not the same car anymore

IMG_0351.JPG

Can I still consider it a roadrunner clone with the satellite hood? Its a pin on fiberglass hood you dont get much more High performance than that I'd say...

I would have to say no, another thing I notice it there are no vents on the rear of the hood, that only 73's had, they disappeared on the 74 hoods, so you will have to find some 74 wiper arms that have the integrated squirters if you want to have them fully functional.

Then it is gonna be a bastard child... lol ....cause I dont think most people will know that the hood is different especially the honeys. It's nick name is the Black Knight Satellite.

Black Knight Satellite Has a new paint job (many hours, work, paint layers after primer).

I am taking suggestions for naming the custom black that Rich had laid down:

Galactic Black

Ten inch black

Milky Way

Death Star dark

Space Truckin'

&
Good night

I vote Galactic Black...I am shooting clear today so I will post pics after its all dry and the tape is off the car.

Waiting for the clear to dry before I cut and buff it...looks awesome :) just needs stripes now. the only decals I have so far are the running birds. I found on ebay the round roadrunner decals with no white space for 5.99 each and a stripe kit for 99 Gonna be sweet!

Looking good, and of course you have another teaser of the blue Roadrunner! LOL

I'm interested to see how that $99 stripe kit works out. I saw those on ebay when I was doing my car, but after paying for bodywork and paint I couldn't see risking the who deal on a cheap stripe kit. Plus, I love the look of the reflective stripes at night. Costs more, but gives a great effect.

Sweet job, we have 1 problem you guys don't......dame winter and lots snow so must get her under cover and work on her slows down....

Auto Transport Service
Back