• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blessed to live in the USA

It is certainly not difficult to understand WHY people from Central and South America want to come to the USA. It just blows me away that these countries in THIS day and age with all of the examples to look at,that NONE of them have progressed to somewhere near the levels of modernization and development materially like all the countries( well the USA anyway) they want to immigrate to and drag down because that is all they know.

One word: Dictators.

Thanks for the reminder.
Finished my taxes last night, wasn't feeling very grateful.
I should count my blessings.

Yes, most of us are descendants of immigrants - who entered the country LEGALLY.
It's never a question as to most honorable people from other places wanting to come here - we understand why just fine.
Problem is, lots of not so honorable people are wanting to come as well, for not so desirable reasons.
The integrity of the nation and its' citizens must be protected.
To do otherwise (as is happening now, in shocking numbers) is to put us all at risks we shouldn't be.

Actually, more are LEAVING than entering! Been this way for years. I did a little research on multiple sites and was surprised to know this fact.

Think about it, the poorest of the poor in this country have housing, air conditioning, cell phones, cars, food, satellite TV, health care, tattoos, and cigarettes. And if you work the system right, you get it all for free..... and most of them are still taught to hate this country.

Actually, more are LEAVING than entering! Been this way for years. I did a little research on multiple sites and was surprised to know this fact.
But what's leaving vs what's coming in?

I spent a year and a half in Germany while in the AF but spent as much time as I could out in their economy. It amazed me how much the gas cost back then vs ours and how the people lived. In the winter time, they do not heat their homes very much at all because it plain costs too much. Not sure about now but in the 70's very few had more than one car and it was the same way with anything extra. You know Germany isn't a 3rd world country but they are very frugal mainly because it's too expensive not to be. Based on what other's say about other parts of the world, I'd say we're very spoiled and it shows like a sore thumb and yet so many are not grateful. I look at where I am today and how things got this way but then start thinking it could be a LOT worse.

Yes, most of us are descendants of immigrants - who entered the country LEGALLY.
It's never a question as to most honorable people from other places wanting to come here - we understand why just fine.
Problem is, lots of not so honorable people are wanting to come as well, for not so desirable reasons.
The integrity of the nation and its' citizens must be protected.
To do otherwise (as is happening now, in shocking numbers) is to put us all at risks we shouldn't be.
Id have to say if you lived in a area with a large amount of different cultures you might encounter some people who are here legally and should be shown the door and kicked back to there old country.
Then you would encounter some people who are here illegally who would want nothing more than to be citizens. Those people bust there *** working and appreciate this country.
Many come here to build a better life for themselves, that at times does not translate into appreciation of our country. In other words they are users.

After tours of the Middle East and seeing first hand the overwhelming majority living still in the 7th century I appreciate my home. It occurs to me that most of the "Shithole" places are much, much older than the USA. Perhaps we should take special note of that and try not to join their club in the near future....
Liberal Shithole countries Now Turd World Nations.jpg

Words cannot describe the Blessing of being born here in the USA.

Id have to say if you lived in a area with a large amount of different cultures you might encounter some people who are here legally and should be shown the door and kicked back to there old country.
Then you would encounter some people who are here illegally who would want nothing more than to be citizens. Those people bust there *** working and appreciate this country.
Many come here to build a better life for themselves, that at times does not translate into appreciation of our country. In other words they are users.
All well and good, but if you start off your occupation in this country by breaking existing laws, that doesn't bode well for the future, eh?

All well and good, but if you start off your occupation in this country by breaking existing laws, that doesn't bode well for the future, eh?
Well id say 35, 40 years ago made we should have addressed the problem. Maybe made it a stiff fine for anyone caught hiring a illegal and we wouldn't have the problems we now have

Well id say 35, 40 years ago made we should have addressed the problem. Maybe made it a stiff fine for anyone caught hiring a illegal and we wouldn't have the problems we now have

Root cause: business owners trying to get by with cheaper payroll......

Totally agree with that. Of course, we do have the verification program known as E-Verify, for what it's worth (pretty toothless).
Bottom line is, if the demand for illegals as workers drops, that takes care of a big chunk of the problem - but not all of it.
The other head of the snake to be chopped off is the so-called "sanctuary city" thing.
After all, what you are willing to pay for, you get more of - and some parts of the country are rewarding illegal entry
into our country with all manner of unearned benefits.

Totally agree with that. Of course, we do have the verification program known as E-Verify, for what it's worth (pretty toothless).
Bottom line is, if the demand for illegals as workers drops, that takes care of a big chunk of the problem - but not all of it.
The other head of the snake to be chopped off is the so-called "sanctuary city" thing.
After all, what you are willing to pay for, you get more of - and some parts of the country are rewarding illegal entry
into our country with all manner of unearned benefits.
Do you really understand what sanctuary cities are all about, and not what you've been groomed to believe?
Is it possible you may(or may not) think that people who live in sanctuary cities just want to live there to be on public assistance, dont work and drink beer all day?
The reason most, close to all, except for the few bad apples enter and stay in this country illegally is to make money and often to escape corruption in there own countries.
They work cheap and work very hard. They come here and take over the jobs Americans dont want to do or think there to good to do.
I hate to tell you the demand for illegal workers will never slack off unless hiring them earns you a trip to jail.
The down side is while these illegals made a lot of money for a lot of employers, the truth is they drive down wages for the American worker

Do you really understand what sanctuary cities are all about, and not what you've been groomed to believe?
Is it possible you may(or may not) think that people who live in sanctuary cities just want to live there to be on public assistance, dont work and drink beer all day?
Don't ever assume you know what another person does or does not know or understand.
Not only will you be mistaken more times than not - but you'll be insulting and arrogant in doing so,
which will sway exactly ZERO people to see your point.
The reason most, close to all, except for the few bad apples enter and stay in this country illegally is to make money and often to escape corruption in there own countries.
They work cheap and work very hard. They come here and take over the jobs Americans dont want to do or think there to good to do.
You claim to know numbers - but provide no tangible support of your statement.
This is referred to as a "glaring generality" and is a poor method of debate, based on emotion rather than credibility of fact.
Don't bother regurgitating leftist agenda talking points with me, or anyone else for that matter - we've heard it all a thousand times before. It's quite insulting to the intelligence, really.

I hate to tell you the demand for illegal workers will never slack off unless hiring them earns you a trip to jail.
The down side is while these illegals made a lot of money for a lot of employers, the truth is they drive down wages for the American worker
I've already agreed with you on this point, at some length, in a previous post.
I'd suggest you work on your reading comprehension skills a bit more and on your talking point regurgitation a bit less.

I'm done.

Don't ever assume you know what another person does or does not know or understand.
Not only will you be mistaken more times than not - but you'll be insulting and arrogant in doing so,
which will sway exactly ZERO people to see your point.

You claim to know numbers - but provide no tangible support of your statement.
This is referred to as a "glaring generality" and is a poor method of debate, based on emotion rather than credibility of fact.
Don't bother regurgitating leftist agenda talking points with me, or anyone else for that matter - we've heard it all a thousand times before. It's quite insulting to the intelligence, really.

I've already agreed with you on this point, at some length, in a previous post.
I'd suggest you work on your reading comprehension skills a bit more and on your talking point regurgitation a bit less.

I'm done.
Dont get your balls twisted. You state things and then get upset when your questioned. You brought up " sanctuary cities'' not me.
It was obvious to me from the beginning where you were going.
I find this typical with no reasonable discussion of what the problem of illegal immigration is and what to do about it.
And now its the Leftist agenda swipe. The childish immature personal attacks when the reality is you cannot and will not engage in any meaningful objective conversation without resorting to the usual outbursts.
Stick to the political forum were nobody will question you or hurt your feelings and now to borrow a comment you made. Im done.

Auto Transport Service
Back