• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

blown 70 charger progress

jakepup

Local time
11:55 AM
Reaction score
just thought i would share some pics from along the way, she is getting close to finished! IMG_0676.JPGIMG_0677.JPGIMG_0678.jpgIMG_0882.jpgIMG_0883.jpgIMG_0884.jpgIMG_0902.jpgIMG_0712.JPGIMG_0711.JPGFullSizeRender.jpgIMG_1105.jpgIMG_0957.jpgIMG_0953.jpgIMG_1032.jpgIMG_0959.jpgIMG_1106.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

dd.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

1120151451a.jpg1120151451.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0676.jpg
    IMG_0676.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,019
Cool stuff thanks for sharing...

that black looks awesome too,
should be cool as hell with an ol' school huffer & carbs sticking out the hood too

You can never go wrong with a black Charger.

Looks great, keep us posted.

That is awesome.
Really digging the dash; is the entire piece carbon fiber?

Sweet Charger, should look pretty intimidating with that blower hanging out of the hood!

Thanks for posting! Outstanding car you're building. All blown Mopars are the pinnacle! And there are plenty here! Keep the updates coming...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 798
I sure wish I could have been able to afford the extra 7k for fuel injected setup to run with the blower but carbs are alright too! im sure the extra 4-5" more blower sticking out the hood wont cause too many problems! 2059 what size tire are you running on that setup? what kind of power? how does it hook?

- - - Updated - - -

That is awesome.
Really digging the dash; is the entire piece carbon fiber?

no its actually steel wrapped with 3m di-noc carbon fiber vinyl, not sure how its going to hold up, we will see

That thing is sweet when you get board of it and want to donate it send it on down to fl. I'll take care of it for you.

I sure wish I could have been able to afford the extra 7k for fuel injected setup to run with the blower but carbs are alright too! im sure the extra 4-5" more blower sticking out the hood wont cause too many problems! 2059 what size tire are you running on that setup? what kind of power? how does it hook?

- - - Updated - - -

29X12.50-15LT M/T Sportsman Pro rear on 10 X 15" 4-3/4" Off Set; 26X7.50-15 8 PLY Front... it doesn't hook. Probably have to go to some kind of Hoosier or M&H. We dyno'ed at 820. There's more there but I want to get some seat time before bumping it.

I got a pretty stout 727 but I'm pretty darn sure if I put some bias slicks on there I'm gonna shred that tranny pretty quick, I guess we will see how it turns out, when the funds are available I'll get something built that will handle it for sure. I will post pics of the engine tomorrow, all that needs done is some valve cover work for the distributor to clear and the right wp pulley and she will be goin on the dyno

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 769
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 764
I got a pretty stout 727 but I'm pretty darn sure if I put some bias slicks on there I'm gonna shred that tranny pretty quick, I guess we will see how it turns out, when the funds are available I'll get something built that will handle it for sure. I will post pics of the engine tomorrow, all that needs done is some valve cover work for the distributor to clear and the right wp pulley and she will be goin on the dyno

Nice looking set up ya got there! I didn't even try to figure out the w/p pulley. Went with an Electric Meziere 42 Gal/Min. Seems to do the job. As for the trans, I had Rick Allison at A&A build a full race 727. Definitely not cheap (initially) however; It's not something I'll likely EVER need to worry about. I figure I'll save a ton of time and money in the long run. Plus his shop is only a couple hours from the house.

Keep The Updates Coming!!!

Mike

what driveshaft material would you guys go with on this build? guy at the driveshaft shop around here says he would just go with a mild steel 3" if its not going to the track every weekend with slicks on it, do you think spending the extra $150 on a 3.5" chromoly would be worth it?

what driveshaft material would you guys go with on this build? guy at the driveshaft shop around here says he would just go with a mild steel 3" if its not going to the track every weekend with slicks on it, do you think spending the extra $150 on a 3.5" chromoly would be worth it?

Are you really planning on many hard launches or just want to be able to blow the tires off at will?

Are you really planning on many hard launches or just want to be able to blow the tires off at will?

wont be many hard launches, I don't think it will ever hook that well, but also don't want to chance anything, I am maby just answering my own question lol

Auto Transport Service
Back