• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

blown 70 charger progress

here is some eye candy for ya, and a video link to the dyno run, it will make you smile!
View attachment 304029 IMG_1262.JPGIMG_1266.JPGIMG_1267.JPGIMG_1268.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

[video=youtube;65cVFTQSHbo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65cVFTQSHbo&feature=youtu.be[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65cVFTQSHbo&feature=youtu.be

- - - Updated - - -

trying to post video link but doesn't seem to be working, on youtube title is, "440/493 mopar dyno"

- - - Updated - - -

thanks for the complamints, means a lot coming from guys with cars like you all have, just trying to fit in around here ;)

I'm not sure you're going to fit in, I think you're going to stand out, In a good way!
Awesome car coming together!:headbang:

got the old girl put on the dyno today. 7.9 pounds of boost. started with initial timming at 32 and had the 6btm hooked up and set to take out 2 degrees per pound of boost so total timming was running at 16. made 800 hp "6000 rpm" and 825 lb ft "3800 rpm". set timming to 20 degrees and made 840 hp and 890lb ft, with it up at 12 psi it made 1091hp but only wanted to do 1 run like that with stock block, got her all set back to 8psi and underdriven quite a bit so she should live for a pretty long while

got the old girl put on the dyno today. 7.9 pounds of boost. started with initial timming at 32 and had the 6btm hooked up and set to take out 2 degrees per pound of boost so total timming was running at 16. made 800 hp "6000 rpm" and 825 lb ft "3800 rpm". set timming to 20 degrees and made 840 hp and 890lb ft, with it up at 12 psi it made 1091hp but only wanted to do 1 run like that with stock block, got her all set back to 8psi and underdriven quite a bit so she should live for a pretty long while

She is HEALTHY!!! Bit of a stout ol' girl you have there! lol

Gotta' love the sounds, squeals of a blown motor

Sweet, sounded great too, healthy #'s for damn sure...

:headbang: Congrats :headbang:

well boys and girls, we are about a week away from the beast being complete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
going to shoot for pickin' her up next week and stopping at the winter fest of wheels car show in Sioux falls SD. hopefully everything works out and gets done on time, only thing I will be missing maby is exhaust, wonder what they will think when its drivin into the convention center with open headers lol !?!? engine is in, tranny is in, driveshaft will be done on Monday and all that's left then is bolting in the center counsel and cleaning up some wiring and the car itself.
ps. look at the huge 1/2" gap between the blower and radiator! sure hope nothing ever taps the front end!
23e2e2.jpg23ee2.jpg4432122.jpg

That's on pump gas right?

e 85!!!

- - - Updated - - -

here is a few more pics as she is coming together. one question I do have for all you mopar nuts is should the engine look like its tilted a little one way? I asked them and was told this is normal that they do not sit perfectly straight in the k member but if you look at the one picture here it sure looks to be off a bit, when looking form the front of the car the left side of the motor looks to be lower than other side
IMG_4890.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_4888.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_4889.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_4887.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_4886.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_4882.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_4883.jpg
my favorite pic of all

Yep engines definitely a little tilted which means the whole thing has gone bad. Only thing you can do is get rid of the car as fast as possible. Just sign the title over and ship it to me and I'll dispose of it adasap

X2!

The engine is supposed to favor the pass. side, looks a tad cocked, but that could be the angle of the pic.

Should be level and offset to the passenger side. If yours is tilted than something isn't right ,check the engine mounts.

headed down to get the old girl tonight, be in the car show this weekend then home on sunday, thanks guy for all the good advice and wish me luck!

Bet it brings home some hardware! I think you should drive into the show with your head shaved, white tank T shirt, and aviator sunglasses. Guaranteed "Best of Show"..
You've got the car, you just need the driver! lol

Attachments

• vin-diesel.jpg
    vin-diesel.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:
What's the word Jake? Where are the pics from the show?

will post some shortly here, show was good and car got a ton of attention, sitting next to a mr norms cuda and not much attention was payed to the cuda lol. got to take her around the block and WOW is that thing wild, got a few issues to sort out, sticky throttle linkage "stick 3/4 open on me" luckly I could kill the ingition and get her shut down, gotta rebuild the headlight motor and sort out the tranny linkage

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_1301.JPGIMG_1300.JPGIMG_1296.JPGIMG_1294.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

here is a youtube video of the sound of it at idle with open headers, video quality sucks but atleast you can hear it lol, you can see by my reverse lights the linkage issues I gotta work out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQpK6uLEww0

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. Hooking up isn't going to happen lol

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQpK6uLEww0

~drool slobber drool~
Gawd the lope on that cam.. mmmm like a symphony...
What cam you have in there?

Auto Transport Service
Back