• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blue Tuff wheel

Scott Burton

Local time
2:43 AM
Reaction score
Hi folks, I am swapping out my stock steering wheel for a tuff set up. My 74 SE has a blue interior and I am curious if a tuff wheel was ordered with a blue interior would the wheel also be blue or the common black? I don’t seem to see many colored tuff wheels except for the red ones in the L’il red express trucks. I purchased a blue tuff wheel with the column adapter but just curious if it was actually available in 71-74 B bodies.
Any input would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
71811484276__FABBE660-772C-44BC-B092-965D9BF8ABDB.jpeg
IMG_5361.jpeg

I believe colored tuff wheels were introduced on F/M/J body cars.

The blue ones I've seen are a lighter, almost pastel blue, that corresponds to the later interior color palette.

The one in your post looks brand new.

Is it custom?

What's the source?

If colored ones were available before 1975, you'd think there would be a LOT of green ones.

I don't believe they ever made a green one.

I've seen 2 different shades of tan, one almost a cream (in a J body Cordoba), the aforementioned light blue, and a dark red.

Is that a factory four speed SE?

...with AC?

That's cool.

The blue ones I've seen are a lighter, almost pastel blue, that corresponds to the later interior color palette.

The one in your post looks brand new.

Is it custom?

What's the source?
You’re correct, the blue is not quite correct compared to my interior. It wasn’t a custom order, there were multiple color options. I bought it from PG Classics. They are a Mopar parts shop located in Ottawa, Canada. Their stuff is not cheap but who’s is nowadays.

Yes it is. I bought it from the original owner in 1983. Luckily it still has numbers matching drive train.
400, 4 speed, 3.23 sure grip.
Not an A/C car.

Couldn't see the left side of the dash.

Must be H41 "strato-vent" then, if that's the pass side panel it was born with.

'75 up got the colored ones... It's even a different cap and horn switch. That said I think it would look nice in there. If you want it to be "factory" correct it was black and I would not paint such a nice blue wheel especially if it's an original one. I would just buy a black one...

Looks like the interior and the new tuff wheel might be B5.

If they match, I'd run it.

'75 up got the colored ones... It's even a different cap and horn switch. That said I think it would look nice in there. If you want it to be "factory" correct it was black and I would not paint such a nice blue wheel especially if it's an original one. I would just buy a black one...
Thanks. It’s not quite the right blue but with years fading I seem to have about 5 different shades of blue in the interior.
I think I will go with the new blue one. It may not look original but it won’t look totally out of place on a blue interior SE.

Thanks. It’s not quite the right blue but with years fading I seem to have about 5 different shades of blue in the interior.
I think I will go with the new blue one. It may not look original but it won’t look totally out of place on a blue interior SE.
What would you think would look best for horn cover pad? Wide silver trim or the small inset silver trim? I haven’t really thought much about that yet.

I have two B-5 blue interior cars a 71 SSP and a 72 RR/GTX and I know what you mean… some of it actually turns a greenish color..

On the horn center I would just do the outside ring in silver like the factory did… The reproductions have a adhesive vinyl inlay cut and are not painted like original so that maybe an option to get one cut…

Pretty sure the OEM 71-74 horn button had silver in the lowest groove, just to the inside of the outer diameter.

Auto Transport Service
Back